Nationwide Emergency Alert System Test Today
Nyack College Director of Auxiliary Services, Michele Blanck, shares the following announcement.
“Today, Wednesday, November 9, 2001 at 2:00 p.m. the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Communications Commission will conduct the first national test of the Nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) test and run concurrently across all time zones.
"This system test is the first of its kind designed to broadcast a nationwide message to the American public. In the history of the country, nothing like it has been conducted on such a level. As you may be aware, there have been tests in the past, but not of this magnitude encompassing all regions of the Nation simultaneously. The test will run for approximately 30 seconds.
"This alert is intended to ensure that no one misinterprets this test as a live occurrence. FEMA's website click here provides more information regarding the test."
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>