Nyack's Men's Soccer Team: They Are The Champions!
Nyack’s Men’s soccer team did it again! Their 1-0 victory in overtime against Post University makes them the 2011 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference champions for the second time in the past three years they have competed in the conference championship.
"I am absolutely thrilled to win this game and the CACC title. We faced an outstanding Post University team that definitely did not deserve to lose," says Head Coach Keith Davie after the overtime win, "It's extremely great to win this because so many people did not give us much of a shot."
With a season record of 13-5-2, the Warriors are positioned for possible selection for their first national tournament appearance since Nyack became NCAA Division II member in 2004. Tune in at 7:00 p.m to follow the live show airing selections. Goalkeeper Adrian Ibanez, who hails from Buenos Aires, Argentina celebrated his 21st shutout victory as a Nyack Warrior, which ranks him first all-time in CACC history.
Sophomore Felix Horn was named CACC Tournament MVP, after his post season tally of two goals and two assists. The first team all-conference selection, he led the Warriors with 11 goals in 2011. All-Tournament honors went to Marco Likos, Gavin Penny, Mikey Robinson, and Adrian Ibanez.
The campus community salutes Coach Keith Davie, his staff, and their outstanding roster of players!
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>