MISFIT Tour 2011 at Nyack TONIGHT!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday October 27, 2011
The Office of Student Activities at Nyack College will host “The Misfit” Tour on Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium on the Rockland County campus, 1 South Blvd., Nyack, NY. The college is partnering with Chris Durso, youth pastor at Christ Tabernacle in Glendale, NY and author of the Zondervan bestseller, MISFIT: Dealing With Our God-given Discomfort; Xist Music; and The UpLift! Group.
The nationwide tour is a gathering of seven of today’s leading voices in Christian music and spoken word. The roster includes three-time Stellar winner, Da’ T.R.UT.H.; Christian hip hop pioneer and Grammy Award nominee, The Ambassador; R&B/Soul phenomenon, Mali Music; R&B/Hip Hop artists, Sean Simmonds and Rhema Soul; powerful spoken-word artist Oraia, and the visionary behind MISFIT Tour 2011, Pastor Chris Durso.
In each city where Tour members perform, they have committed to joining with members of the community to participate in volunteer activities and service to demonstrate their advocacy of unity and the positive attributes of being a “MISFIT.” MISFIT is a movement that Pastor Durso conceived to revolutionize America’s communities of any culture, ethnicity, socio-economic, and academic status. Youth and young adults are challenged and equipped to courageously pursue godliness in the face of all that seems and often is uncomfortable, unfamiliar, unattractive or unpopular.
To purchase tickets ($15 per person) visit the MISFIT website at www.misfittour.net/nyackcollege. Group rates are available. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Browse Blog Archive>>