Nyack Launches New Center for Christian Scholarship
President Michael G. Scales and his executive team recently announced the fall 2011 unveiling of the new Nyack College Center for Christian Scholarship based on the Rockland County campus in Nyack, NY.
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda (pictured above), an associate professor of political science at Nyack College has been appointed the director of the Center. At the University of Notre Dame, Dr. Balmaceda earned her Ph.D. in political science, as well as an MA in government and international studies and an MA in International peace studies. She received a Licentiate in Law (equivalent of the J.D.) at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
“It is truly a privilege to work with such distinguished men and women at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, who are published authors, international lecturers, community developers, business professionals, and above all, servant leaders—the perfect standard to be modeled for our students,” says Dr. Balmaceda.
The Center for Christian Scholarship will host the annual Nyack College Scholars Symposium on both the Nyack and Manhattan campuses. The next Symposium will be held at the Rockland campus on September 28, featuring plenary speaker, Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch. (Click here for details).
Other plans include sponsoring conferences, promoting research efforts, inviting scholars from around the world to spend sabbaticals at Nyack and advocating for special initiatives to facilitate relevant idea exchange.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>