Nyack Launches New Center for Christian Scholarship
President Michael G. Scales and his executive team recently announced the fall 2011 unveiling of the new Nyack College Center for Christian Scholarship based on the Rockland County campus in Nyack, NY.
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda (pictured above), an associate professor of political science at Nyack College has been appointed the director of the Center. At the University of Notre Dame, Dr. Balmaceda earned her Ph.D. in political science, as well as an MA in government and international studies and an MA in International peace studies. She received a Licentiate in Law (equivalent of the J.D.) at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
“It is truly a privilege to work with such distinguished men and women at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, who are published authors, international lecturers, community developers, business professionals, and above all, servant leaders—the perfect standard to be modeled for our students,” says Dr. Balmaceda.
The Center for Christian Scholarship will host the annual Nyack College Scholars Symposium on both the Nyack and Manhattan campuses. The next Symposium will be held at the Rockland campus on September 28, featuring plenary speaker, Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch. (Click here for details).
Other plans include sponsoring conferences, promoting research efforts, inviting scholars from around the world to spend sabbaticals at Nyack and advocating for special initiatives to facilitate relevant idea exchange.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>