Nyack Launches New Center for Christian Scholarship
President Michael G. Scales and his executive team recently announced the fall 2011 unveiling of the new Nyack College Center for Christian Scholarship based on the Rockland County campus in Nyack, NY.
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda (pictured above), an associate professor of political science at Nyack College has been appointed the director of the Center. At the University of Notre Dame, Dr. Balmaceda earned her Ph.D. in political science, as well as an MA in government and international studies and an MA in International peace studies. She received a Licentiate in Law (equivalent of the J.D.) at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
“It is truly a privilege to work with such distinguished men and women at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, who are published authors, international lecturers, community developers, business professionals, and above all, servant leaders—the perfect standard to be modeled for our students,” says Dr. Balmaceda.
The Center for Christian Scholarship will host the annual Nyack College Scholars Symposium on both the Nyack and Manhattan campuses. The next Symposium will be held at the Rockland campus on September 28, featuring plenary speaker, Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch. (Click here for details).
Other plans include sponsoring conferences, promoting research efforts, inviting scholars from around the world to spend sabbaticals at Nyack and advocating for special initiatives to facilitate relevant idea exchange.
- SEPT. 30: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- SEPT. 30: LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>