Third Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker is Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch
Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch will be the featured plenary speaker for the third annual Nyack Scholars Symposium on Wednesday, September 28 on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. The plenary speech by Dr. Malloch, at 9:00 a.m. in Bowman Gymnasium, will be based on his book and the documentary, Doing Virtuous Business, which examines the secret behind the success of major companies influencing the global economy today. Click here to see a recent interview of Dr. Malloch by Good Business International, Inc. CEO Monika Mitchell.
A recipient of an Alliance Theological Seminary honorary doctor of divinity, Dr. Malloch is an internationally recognized economist, who is also a research professor for the Spiritual Capital Initiative at Yale University's Center for Faith and Culture. Plenary responders will be Mr. Brian Jacks, president of DX Holdings, LLC; Dr. Chuck Stetson, CEO of Essentials in Education; and Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack's School of Business and Leadership. Emmy-award winning news anchor and motivational speaker, Mr. Julian Phillips will be the plenary moderator.
In two sessions, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. and 1:30 pm. to 2:45 p.m., Nyack College faculty and several Nyack students will present papers on a wide range of topics at several campus venues. Faculty papers are the result of research grants and include presentations that have been either published or delivered at conferences across the nation and around the world.
The Scholars Symposium is hosted by the Center for Christian Scholarship at Nyack College, which is directed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda. The Center is a new vehicle for showcasing accomplished and emerging scholars; sponsoring conferences; offering a base for scholars on sabbatical; and facilitating relevant scholarly dialogues.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>