Third Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker is Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch
Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch will be the featured plenary speaker for the third annual Nyack Scholars Symposium on Wednesday, September 28 on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. The plenary speech by Dr. Malloch, at 9:00 a.m. in Bowman Gymnasium, will be based on his book and the documentary, Doing Virtuous Business, which examines the secret behind the success of major companies influencing the global economy today. Click here to see a recent interview of Dr. Malloch by Good Business International, Inc. CEO Monika Mitchell.
A recipient of an Alliance Theological Seminary honorary doctor of divinity, Dr. Malloch is an internationally recognized economist, who is also a research professor for the Spiritual Capital Initiative at Yale University's Center for Faith and Culture. Plenary responders will be Mr. Brian Jacks, president of DX Holdings, LLC; Dr. Chuck Stetson, CEO of Essentials in Education; and Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack's School of Business and Leadership. Emmy-award winning news anchor and motivational speaker, Mr. Julian Phillips will be the plenary moderator.
In two sessions, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. and 1:30 pm. to 2:45 p.m., Nyack College faculty and several Nyack students will present papers on a wide range of topics at several campus venues. Faculty papers are the result of research grants and include presentations that have been either published or delivered at conferences across the nation and around the world.
The Scholars Symposium is hosted by the Center for Christian Scholarship at Nyack College, which is directed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda. The Center is a new vehicle for showcasing accomplished and emerging scholars; sponsoring conferences; offering a base for scholars on sabbatical; and facilitating relevant scholarly dialogues.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>