Third Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker is Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch
Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch will be the featured plenary speaker for the third annual Nyack Scholars Symposium on Wednesday, September 28 on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. The plenary speech by Dr. Malloch, at 9:00 a.m. in Bowman Gymnasium, will be based on his book and the documentary, Doing Virtuous Business, which examines the secret behind the success of major companies influencing the global economy today. Click here to see a recent interview of Dr. Malloch by Good Business International, Inc. CEO Monika Mitchell.
A recipient of an Alliance Theological Seminary honorary doctor of divinity, Dr. Malloch is an internationally recognized economist, who is also a research professor for the Spiritual Capital Initiative at Yale University's Center for Faith and Culture. Plenary responders will be Mr. Brian Jacks, president of DX Holdings, LLC; Dr. Chuck Stetson, CEO of Essentials in Education; and Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack's School of Business and Leadership. Emmy-award winning news anchor and motivational speaker, Mr. Julian Phillips will be the plenary moderator.
In two sessions, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. and 1:30 pm. to 2:45 p.m., Nyack College faculty and several Nyack students will present papers on a wide range of topics at several campus venues. Faculty papers are the result of research grants and include presentations that have been either published or delivered at conferences across the nation and around the world.
The Scholars Symposium is hosted by the Center for Christian Scholarship at Nyack College, which is directed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda. The Center is a new vehicle for showcasing accomplished and emerging scholars; sponsoring conferences; offering a base for scholars on sabbatical; and facilitating relevant scholarly dialogues.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>