The Chronicle of Higher Education Names Nyack College a "2011 Great College To Work For"
The unique camaraderie that exists in the Nyack campus community has garnered another impressive distinction for us. I’m proud to announce to our alumni, friends, and colleagues that The Chronicle of Higher Education, has named Nyack College a 2011 Great College to Work For!
Employees completed the survey anonymously, giving them the freedom to be completely candid. One of the categories we were recognized for was “confidence in leadership.” I am truly humbled by this response.
The accreditations and accolades we receive are the work of an extraordinary team of administrators, faculty, and staff who have committed to having transformational impact on our more than 4,000 students and the nearly 130-year-old institution. Because they model serving outside of their campus functions, our students in turn are doing more than pursuing a degree. They are also choosing a lifestyle of service that touches the global community—that is the Nyack legacy!
I celebrate this recognition along with our employees—from the enthusiastic new hires to the longstanding veterans—and even the trailblazing retirees. At Nyack, every individual—from our housekeeping staff to our award-winning faculty—can expect ultimate respect, dignity, and appreciation. Truly it is the environment of selfless service that makes Nyack College--a GREAT COLLEGE TO WORK FOR!
With warm regards,
Michael G. Scales, Ed.D.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>