Dr. Samuel G. Ferrell, Sr., a 1951 Alumnus Remembered
A full life of service was celebrated on July 2, 2011 at Christ Community Church of Fort Myers, FL, when family and friends gathered to remember the late Dr. Samuel G. Ferrell, Sr. who passed away on June 30 at Hope Hospice in Cape Coral, FL.
Dr. Ferrell was an alumnus of Nyack College, earning a ThB degree in 1949 and later completing two post graduate programs there by 1951.
The Miami, FL native, born on July 9, 1927, became a Christian at the Miami Gospel Tabernacle when Dr. T.G. Mangham, Sr. was pastor. Under the preaching of Rev. Gustave Woerner, Sam Ferrell responded to the call to Christian ministry at Lake Swan Camp in 1945.
He and his wife, Dona, were married on August 26, 1949 at the Gospel Tabernacle in Erie, PA. The Ferrells would become the parents of two children, five grandchildren, and three great grandchildren.
Their life together would be spent serving in several pastorates and in missions work. The legacy of Dr. Ferrell includes his work as a Youth for Christ director, Bible conference director, youth camp director, district church growth planter, home missionary, tour director and church and missions consultant.
In his latter years, he served as Minister-at-Large for Missions and Evangelism for the Bahama Islands for The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
What greater legacy could a saint leave than to complete his final day on earth by feeding God's sheep, which Dr. Ferrell had done on the Sunday morning of his passing.
No doubt he was welcomed into heaven with the words, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant."
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>