Dr. Samuel G. Ferrell, Sr., a 1951 Alumnus Remembered
A full life of service was celebrated on July 2, 2011 at Christ Community Church of Fort Myers, FL, when family and friends gathered to remember the late Dr. Samuel G. Ferrell, Sr. who passed away on June 30 at Hope Hospice in Cape Coral, FL.
Dr. Ferrell was an alumnus of Nyack College, earning a ThB degree in 1949 and later completing two post graduate programs there by 1951.
The Miami, FL native, born on July 9, 1927, became a Christian at the Miami Gospel Tabernacle when Dr. T.G. Mangham, Sr. was pastor. Under the preaching of Rev. Gustave Woerner, Sam Ferrell responded to the call to Christian ministry at Lake Swan Camp in 1945.
He and his wife, Dona, were married on August 26, 1949 at the Gospel Tabernacle in Erie, PA. The Ferrells would become the parents of two children, five grandchildren, and three great grandchildren.
Their life together would be spent serving in several pastorates and in missions work. The legacy of Dr. Ferrell includes his work as a Youth for Christ director, Bible conference director, youth camp director, district church growth planter, home missionary, tour director and church and missions consultant.
In his latter years, he served as Minister-at-Large for Missions and Evangelism for the Bahama Islands for The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
What greater legacy could a saint leave than to complete his final day on earth by feeding God's sheep, which Dr. Ferrell had done on the Sunday morning of his passing.
No doubt he was welcomed into heaven with the words, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant."
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>