Two New Degree Programs Coming to Nyack
Dr. David F. Turk, Nyack College provost and vice president for academic affairs, (pictured above) announced that two new degree programs have been approved by the New York State Education Department.
The Bachelor of Science in Music and Worship is a four-year program designed to train musicians for leadership positions in the church and community as music worship leaders, keyboardists and instrumentalists, choir directors, sound and recording engineers, and songwriters. The course of study includes specialized training in contemporary worship music, studio recording, composition, and arranging, as well as biblical studies which help support and develop the character and spirituality of an effective worship leader. An audition is required. Prospective students must prepare two pieces of their choice demonstrating readiness to enter a college music degree program. For more information Nyack’s new music degree program, contact Dinesh Mahtani, director of admissions at Nyack Rockland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Business and Leadership will offer an MBA degree program fully online. The Master of Business Administration will ensure that the distance learning offering will meet the same academic standards and requirements as the on-campus program by using the same student learning goals, textbooks, as well as the same course requirements offered in the traditional program. For more information, contact Dr. Jerry Becker, MBA program director at email@example.com.
The music degree will be offered at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City beginning fall 2011. The online MBA degree will launch in January 2012.
- TODAY: Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>