NAACP President Honored by Nyack College
A local civil rights leader, Mrs. Francis P. Pratt, president of the Nyack NAACP, will be honored by Nyack College for her leadership and her legacy of service to the Rockland County community at a Social Justice Luncheon on Friday, January 13 at 12:30 p.m. at the Rockland campus in Shuman Hall.
Mrs. Pratt has served as president of the Nyack Branch of the NAACP for more than two decades. During her administration, the branch has received recognition from the National Organization. In 2004, she was one of seven men and women inducted into the Rockland County Civil Rights Hall of Fame by the Rockland County Human Rights Commission. Mrs. Pratt was named a New York State Woman of Distinction in 2000, after being nominated by Senator Thomas Morahan. She has received numerous other awards for her individual efforts in the community and has been described as a "soldier for social justice and civil rights in Rockland County."
The keynote speaker for the luncheon, to be held in the room known as Presidents Hall, will be Joe Rogers, former Lt. Governor of Colorado. Currently a practicing attorney, he was the youngest lieutenant governor in the country and the highest-ranking African American state elected official.
Seating for the luncheon is limited. Tables of ten are available. Tickets are $35.00 per person. Please RSVP to the Student Development Office by January 9, 2006. For more information, phone 845-358-1710, x370
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>