NAACP President Honored by Nyack College
A local civil rights leader, Mrs. Francis P. Pratt, president of the Nyack NAACP, will be honored by Nyack College for her leadership and her legacy of service to the Rockland County community at a Social Justice Luncheon on Friday, January 13 at 12:30 p.m. at the Rockland campus in Shuman Hall.
Mrs. Pratt has served as president of the Nyack Branch of the NAACP for more than two decades. During her administration, the branch has received recognition from the National Organization. In 2004, she was one of seven men and women inducted into the Rockland County Civil Rights Hall of Fame by the Rockland County Human Rights Commission. Mrs. Pratt was named a New York State Woman of Distinction in 2000, after being nominated by Senator Thomas Morahan. She has received numerous other awards for her individual efforts in the community and has been described as a "soldier for social justice and civil rights in Rockland County."
The keynote speaker for the luncheon, to be held in the room known as Presidents Hall, will be Joe Rogers, former Lt. Governor of Colorado. Currently a practicing attorney, he was the youngest lieutenant governor in the country and the highest-ranking African American state elected official.
Seating for the luncheon is limited. Tables of ten are available. Tickets are $35.00 per person. Please RSVP to the Student Development Office by January 9, 2006. For more information, phone 845-358-1710, x370
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- RELEASE: Nyack's 2015 Golf Classic at Saint Andrew's Golf
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Browse Blog Archive>>