NAACP President Honored by Nyack College
A local civil rights leader, Mrs. Francis P. Pratt, president of the Nyack NAACP, will be honored by Nyack College for her leadership and her legacy of service to the Rockland County community at a Social Justice Luncheon on Friday, January 13 at 12:30 p.m. at the Rockland campus in Shuman Hall.
Mrs. Pratt has served as president of the Nyack Branch of the NAACP for more than two decades. During her administration, the branch has received recognition from the National Organization. In 2004, she was one of seven men and women inducted into the Rockland County Civil Rights Hall of Fame by the Rockland County Human Rights Commission. Mrs. Pratt was named a New York State Woman of Distinction in 2000, after being nominated by Senator Thomas Morahan. She has received numerous other awards for her individual efforts in the community and has been described as a "soldier for social justice and civil rights in Rockland County."
The keynote speaker for the luncheon, to be held in the room known as Presidents Hall, will be Joe Rogers, former Lt. Governor of Colorado. Currently a practicing attorney, he was the youngest lieutenant governor in the country and the highest-ranking African American state elected official.
Seating for the luncheon is limited. Tables of ten are available. Tickets are $35.00 per person. Please RSVP to the Student Development Office by January 9, 2006. For more information, phone 845-358-1710, x370
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>