NAACP President Honored by Nyack College
A local civil rights leader, Mrs. Francis P. Pratt, president of the Nyack NAACP, will be honored by Nyack College for her leadership and her legacy of service to the Rockland County community at a Social Justice Luncheon on Friday, January 13 at 12:30 p.m. at the Rockland campus in Shuman Hall.
Mrs. Pratt has served as president of the Nyack Branch of the NAACP for more than two decades. During her administration, the branch has received recognition from the National Organization. In 2004, she was one of seven men and women inducted into the Rockland County Civil Rights Hall of Fame by the Rockland County Human Rights Commission. Mrs. Pratt was named a New York State Woman of Distinction in 2000, after being nominated by Senator Thomas Morahan. She has received numerous other awards for her individual efforts in the community and has been described as a "soldier for social justice and civil rights in Rockland County."
The keynote speaker for the luncheon, to be held in the room known as Presidents Hall, will be Joe Rogers, former Lt. Governor of Colorado. Currently a practicing attorney, he was the youngest lieutenant governor in the country and the highest-ranking African American state elected official.
Seating for the luncheon is limited. Tables of ten are available. Tickets are $35.00 per person. Please RSVP to the Student Development Office by January 9, 2006. For more information, phone 845-358-1710, x370
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Browse Blog Archive>>