Remembering Dr. Ruth Rambo
Dr. Ruth C. Rambo, a Nyack College alumna, passed away on May 19, 2011. She was the wife of Dr. David Rambo, former Nyack/ATS president, who was also the eighth president of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
She was in the intensive care unit of Florida Hospital in Orlando due to cardiac failure following a brief illness. On Monday, June 27 a memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. at First Alliance Church Orlando, 3800 Lake Underhill Road, Orlando, FL 32804.
Dr. Rambo received her B.S. degree at Nyack in 1960 and the D.Min. from Asbury Theological Seminary in 1996. Two trees will be planted in honor--one on the grounds of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY and the other at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY.
It was Dr. Rambo’s expressed wish that in lieu of flowers, contributions be made to a scholarship for women pursuing graduate theological education in the area of spiritual formation be established. Gifts to the fund may be made in the form of checks payable to the Advancement Office, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary, c/o Ruth C. Rambo Memorial Scholarship Fund, 1 South Blvd., Nyack NY 10960.
Please keep President Emeritus Rambo and his family in your prayers.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>