Remembering Dr. Ruth Rambo
Dr. Ruth C. Rambo, a Nyack College alumna, passed away on May 19, 2011. She was the wife of Dr. David Rambo, former Nyack/ATS president, who was also the eighth president of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
She was in the intensive care unit of Florida Hospital in Orlando due to cardiac failure following a brief illness. On Monday, June 27 a memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. at First Alliance Church Orlando, 3800 Lake Underhill Road, Orlando, FL 32804.
Dr. Rambo received her B.S. degree at Nyack in 1960 and the D.Min. from Asbury Theological Seminary in 1996. Two trees will be planted in honor--one on the grounds of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY and the other at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY.
It was Dr. Rambo’s expressed wish that in lieu of flowers, contributions be made to a scholarship for women pursuing graduate theological education in the area of spiritual formation be established. Gifts to the fund may be made in the form of checks payable to the Advancement Office, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary, c/o Ruth C. Rambo Memorial Scholarship Fund, 1 South Blvd., Nyack NY 10960.
Please keep President Emeritus Rambo and his family in your prayers.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>