Remembering Dr. Ruth Rambo
Dr. Ruth C. Rambo, a Nyack College alumna, passed away on May 19, 2011. She was the wife of Dr. David Rambo, former Nyack/ATS president, who was also the eighth president of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
She was in the intensive care unit of Florida Hospital in Orlando due to cardiac failure following a brief illness. On Monday, June 27 a memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. at First Alliance Church Orlando, 3800 Lake Underhill Road, Orlando, FL 32804.
Dr. Rambo received her B.S. degree at Nyack in 1960 and the D.Min. from Asbury Theological Seminary in 1996. Two trees will be planted in honor--one on the grounds of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY and the other at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY.
It was Dr. Rambo’s expressed wish that in lieu of flowers, contributions be made to a scholarship for women pursuing graduate theological education in the area of spiritual formation be established. Gifts to the fund may be made in the form of checks payable to the Advancement Office, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary, c/o Ruth C. Rambo Memorial Scholarship Fund, 1 South Blvd., Nyack NY 10960.
Please keep President Emeritus Rambo and his family in your prayers.
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>