Remembering Dr. Ruth Rambo
Dr. Ruth C. Rambo, a Nyack College alumna, passed away on May 19, 2011. She was the wife of Dr. David Rambo, former Nyack/ATS president, who was also the eighth president of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
She was in the intensive care unit of Florida Hospital in Orlando due to cardiac failure following a brief illness. On Monday, June 27 a memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. at First Alliance Church Orlando, 3800 Lake Underhill Road, Orlando, FL 32804.
Dr. Rambo received her B.S. degree at Nyack in 1960 and the D.Min. from Asbury Theological Seminary in 1996. Two trees will be planted in honor--one on the grounds of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY and the other at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY.
It was Dr. Rambo’s expressed wish that in lieu of flowers, contributions be made to a scholarship for women pursuing graduate theological education in the area of spiritual formation be established. Gifts to the fund may be made in the form of checks payable to the Advancement Office, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary, c/o Ruth C. Rambo Memorial Scholarship Fund, 1 South Blvd., Nyack NY 10960.
Please keep President Emeritus Rambo and his family in your prayers.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>