What Are They Taking Away From Nyack College?
Where was U.S. News & World Report? Kaplan's College Guide? Peterson's College Search? The Times Higher Education World University Rankings?
All of the evaluators of our nation's "best" colleges should have been in the Hudson Room of Boon Campus Center at Nyack's Seniors Brunch for residential students. They would have had their stomachs filled with a tasty buffet meal--but more importantly, their ears would have heard the sweet sound of satisfaction.
Christopher Smith, Rockland Campus Coordinator for Students Activities, selected graduates as they entered the room to share about their Nyack experience. So their comments were completely unrehearsed.
Hailing from towns and countries around the globe--these young men and women--some through tears--revealed the bonus they gained with their Nyack degree. What would they take away?
Here's a random sampling...
Sometimes I received answers to prayer or confirmation when Pastor Kelvin or Wanda (Spiritual Formation Director) prayed with me.
I learned so much spiritually--especially from PSF (Personal Spiritual Formation).
Words of truth and affirmation.
A sense of identity and growth.
I'm from New Orleans and my senior year Katrina hit. Being at Nyack helped me so much.
Spiritual freedom and the ability to express myself in ways that I couldn't before.
A deeper understanding of who I am.
To no longer live in fear.
The ability to open up and to accept love.
I'm taking myself. The way the faculty and staff invested in me...it's stuff that I can share with others.
President Michael Scales often makes the comment that Nyack is not focused on the test scores that students enter school with--but rather who the students are when they leave.
No PR wordsmithing could top what Nyack seniors spoken from the heart!
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>