ATS D.Min. July 2011 Cohort Application Deadline: April 15
The new Doctor of Ministry program at Nyack College's Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) in Nyack, NY, which launched in January of this year, will welcome its second cohort of students in July 2011. The application deadline is April 15, 2011. This 36-credit degree program was approved by the New York State Board of Regents last year and is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. It is the first of three doctoral programs that the New York State Department of Education requires institutions of higher education to offer in order to obtain university status—a goal of the current administration, headed by President Michael G. Scales.
This modular, cohort-based program offers on-campus studies as intensive eight to ten day courses, which begin in January and July. There are also one-day seminars throughout the program. The degree takes a minimum of three years to complete. Students may take an additional year to work on their doctoral project.
Dr. Martin P. Sanders (pictured above center with students) is program director and a former ATS professor of pastoral theology for nearly 20 years. Sanders is also founder and president of a leadership training ministry which has taken him around the globe to speak to pastors, missionaries, and other church workers, which uniquely equips him to empower leaders. Dr. Sanders earned a Doctor of Ministry from Gordon Cornwell Theological Seminary and both a Master of Divinity and a Master of Theology from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
Martin Sanders is a published author of several books, including How to Get the Family You Always Wanted, The Power of Mentoring: Shaping People Who Will Shape the World, (available in French and Russian), and a series of CDs, booklets, and articles entitled “Global Perspectives.”
Visit http://nyack.edu/ats2010/programs/DMinProgram, for more information about the ATS D.Min program or phone 1.800.541.6891.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>