ATS D.Min. July 2011 Cohort Application Deadline: April 15
The new Doctor of Ministry program at Nyack College's Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) in Nyack, NY, which launched in January of this year, will welcome its second cohort of students in July 2011. The application deadline is April 15, 2011. This 36-credit degree program was approved by the New York State Board of Regents last year and is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. It is the first of three doctoral programs that the New York State Department of Education requires institutions of higher education to offer in order to obtain university status—a goal of the current administration, headed by President Michael G. Scales.
This modular, cohort-based program offers on-campus studies as intensive eight to ten day courses, which begin in January and July. There are also one-day seminars throughout the program. The degree takes a minimum of three years to complete. Students may take an additional year to work on their doctoral project.
Dr. Martin P. Sanders (pictured above center with students) is program director and a former ATS professor of pastoral theology for nearly 20 years. Sanders is also founder and president of a leadership training ministry which has taken him around the globe to speak to pastors, missionaries, and other church workers, which uniquely equips him to empower leaders. Dr. Sanders earned a Doctor of Ministry from Gordon Cornwell Theological Seminary and both a Master of Divinity and a Master of Theology from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
Martin Sanders is a published author of several books, including How to Get the Family You Always Wanted, The Power of Mentoring: Shaping People Who Will Shape the World, (available in French and Russian), and a series of CDs, booklets, and articles entitled “Global Perspectives.”
Visit http://nyack.edu/ats2010/programs/DMinProgram, for more information about the ATS D.Min program or phone 1.800.541.6891.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>