ATS D.Min. July 2011 Cohort Application Deadline: April 15
The new Doctor of Ministry program at Nyack College's Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) in Nyack, NY, which launched in January of this year, will welcome its second cohort of students in July 2011. The application deadline is April 15, 2011. This 36-credit degree program was approved by the New York State Board of Regents last year and is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. It is the first of three doctoral programs that the New York State Department of Education requires institutions of higher education to offer in order to obtain university status—a goal of the current administration, headed by President Michael G. Scales.
This modular, cohort-based program offers on-campus studies as intensive eight to ten day courses, which begin in January and July. There are also one-day seminars throughout the program. The degree takes a minimum of three years to complete. Students may take an additional year to work on their doctoral project.
Dr. Martin P. Sanders (pictured above center with students) is program director and a former ATS professor of pastoral theology for nearly 20 years. Sanders is also founder and president of a leadership training ministry which has taken him around the globe to speak to pastors, missionaries, and other church workers, which uniquely equips him to empower leaders. Dr. Sanders earned a Doctor of Ministry from Gordon Cornwell Theological Seminary and both a Master of Divinity and a Master of Theology from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
Martin Sanders is a published author of several books, including How to Get the Family You Always Wanted, The Power of Mentoring: Shaping People Who Will Shape the World, (available in French and Russian), and a series of CDs, booklets, and articles entitled “Global Perspectives.”
Visit http://nyack.edu/ats2010/programs/DMinProgram, for more information about the ATS D.Min program or phone 1.800.541.6891.
- Brightnie Jones ('09) Moves on as a Top All-Star Vocalist on BET's Sunday Best
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- Brightnie Jones Back in BET's "Sunday Best" Vocal Competition
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>