ATS D.Min. July 2011 Cohort Application Deadline: April 15
The new Doctor of Ministry program at Nyack College's Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) in Nyack, NY, which launched in January of this year, will welcome its second cohort of students in July 2011. The application deadline is April 15, 2011. This 36-credit degree program was approved by the New York State Board of Regents last year and is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. It is the first of three doctoral programs that the New York State Department of Education requires institutions of higher education to offer in order to obtain university status—a goal of the current administration, headed by President Michael G. Scales.
This modular, cohort-based program offers on-campus studies as intensive eight to ten day courses, which begin in January and July. There are also one-day seminars throughout the program. The degree takes a minimum of three years to complete. Students may take an additional year to work on their doctoral project.
Dr. Martin P. Sanders (pictured above center with students) is program director and a former ATS professor of pastoral theology for nearly 20 years. Sanders is also founder and president of a leadership training ministry which has taken him around the globe to speak to pastors, missionaries, and other church workers, which uniquely equips him to empower leaders. Dr. Sanders earned a Doctor of Ministry from Gordon Cornwell Theological Seminary and both a Master of Divinity and a Master of Theology from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
Martin Sanders is a published author of several books, including How to Get the Family You Always Wanted, The Power of Mentoring: Shaping People Who Will Shape the World, (available in French and Russian), and a series of CDs, booklets, and articles entitled “Global Perspectives.”
Visit http://nyack.edu/ats2010/programs/DMinProgram, for more information about the ATS D.Min program or phone 1.800.541.6891.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>