Nyack College: A Cancer Society Relay for Life Host
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday March 23, 2011
On Friday, March 25, Nyack College will co-host the seventh annual American Cancer Society (ACS) College Relay for Life. Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College, and St. Thomas Aquinas College will again join forces with Nyack in the fight against cancer and the advocacy for research. The event will be held in the Hennessy Center at Dominican College located at 470 Western Highway, Orangeburg, NY from 6:00 p.m. until midnight. To form a team and become one of the more than 40 existing teams or to make a donation online, please click here.
The ACS College Relay for Life is an event that gives teams of college students, co-workers, families, and friends the opportunity to support each other while raising funds and awareness to fight cancer. This year's ACS College Relay for Life is being dedicated to the memory of Lawrence D. Carrington, Sr. "Larry" is the father of Felicia Carrington, a Nyack College senior.
Lead by captain Chantal Parmley, Nyack's team members are Teresa Carrington, Wayne Carrington, Thressa DaSilva, Ariel Goldsmith, Rachel Hammar, Corey Haye, Joseph Oliver, Christopher Smith, Erin Smithers, and Jodel Wright.
If you are interested in attending Relay for Life, van shuttles will leave Boon Campus Center beginning at 5:30 p.m. and will continue until 6:30 p.m. Return trips to campus will begin after the event has ended. For more information, contact Christopher Smith, Coordinator of Student Activities at 845.675.4788.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>