Nyack College: A Cancer Society Relay for Life Host
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday March 23, 2011
On Friday, March 25, Nyack College will co-host the seventh annual American Cancer Society (ACS) College Relay for Life. Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College, and St. Thomas Aquinas College will again join forces with Nyack in the fight against cancer and the advocacy for research. The event will be held in the Hennessy Center at Dominican College located at 470 Western Highway, Orangeburg, NY from 6:00 p.m. until midnight. To form a team and become one of the more than 40 existing teams or to make a donation online, please click here.
The ACS College Relay for Life is an event that gives teams of college students, co-workers, families, and friends the opportunity to support each other while raising funds and awareness to fight cancer. This year's ACS College Relay for Life is being dedicated to the memory of Lawrence D. Carrington, Sr. "Larry" is the father of Felicia Carrington, a Nyack College senior.
Lead by captain Chantal Parmley, Nyack's team members are Teresa Carrington, Wayne Carrington, Thressa DaSilva, Ariel Goldsmith, Rachel Hammar, Corey Haye, Joseph Oliver, Christopher Smith, Erin Smithers, and Jodel Wright.
If you are interested in attending Relay for Life, van shuttles will leave Boon Campus Center beginning at 5:30 p.m. and will continue until 6:30 p.m. Return trips to campus will begin after the event has ended. For more information, contact Christopher Smith, Coordinator of Student Activities at 845.675.4788.
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- RELEASE: Nyack's 2015 Golf Classic at Saint Andrew's Golf
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Browse Blog Archive>>