Nyack College: A Cancer Society Relay for Life Host
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday March 23, 2011
On Friday, March 25, Nyack College will co-host the seventh annual American Cancer Society (ACS) College Relay for Life. Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College, and St. Thomas Aquinas College will again join forces with Nyack in the fight against cancer and the advocacy for research. The event will be held in the Hennessy Center at Dominican College located at 470 Western Highway, Orangeburg, NY from 6:00 p.m. until midnight. To form a team and become one of the more than 40 existing teams or to make a donation online, please click here.
The ACS College Relay for Life is an event that gives teams of college students, co-workers, families, and friends the opportunity to support each other while raising funds and awareness to fight cancer. This year's ACS College Relay for Life is being dedicated to the memory of Lawrence D. Carrington, Sr. "Larry" is the father of Felicia Carrington, a Nyack College senior.
Lead by captain Chantal Parmley, Nyack's team members are Teresa Carrington, Wayne Carrington, Thressa DaSilva, Ariel Goldsmith, Rachel Hammar, Corey Haye, Joseph Oliver, Christopher Smith, Erin Smithers, and Jodel Wright.
If you are interested in attending Relay for Life, van shuttles will leave Boon Campus Center beginning at 5:30 p.m. and will continue until 6:30 p.m. Return trips to campus will begin after the event has ended. For more information, contact Christopher Smith, Coordinator of Student Activities at 845.675.4788.
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Browse Blog Archive>>