Women's History Month Spotlight: Nyack's Dr. Jackie Washington
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, chair of Nyack's Department of Biology and Chemistry, co-edited the newly released 9th edition of The Student Interactive Workbook for Cecie Starr and Beverly McMillan's Human Biology published by Cengage Learning (March 2011).
In addition to being elected to the editorial board as a reviewer of the Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education (JMBE), Dr. Washington (pictured above in lab coat with her biology class) has also been selected to participate in the 2011-2012 Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency at the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) headquarters in Washington, DC. This segment of the program targets biologists who are transitioning from science education research to science education publishing. The program emphasizes organizing and presenting findings for publication.
The goal of the ASM Biology Scholars Program is for biologists "to employ rigorous evaluations of their own teaching with the goal of publishing results demonstrating improved student learning in the laboratory or classroom and leading colleagues in national efforts to sustain undergraduate biology education reform."
The campus community congratulates Dr. Washington!
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>