Women's History Month Spotlight: Nyack's Dr. Jackie Washington
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, chair of Nyack's Department of Biology and Chemistry, co-edited the newly released 9th edition of The Student Interactive Workbook for Cecie Starr and Beverly McMillan's Human Biology published by Cengage Learning (March 2011).
In addition to being elected to the editorial board as a reviewer of the Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education (JMBE), Dr. Washington (pictured above in lab coat with her biology class) has also been selected to participate in the 2011-2012 Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency at the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) headquarters in Washington, DC. This segment of the program targets biologists who are transitioning from science education research to science education publishing. The program emphasizes organizing and presenting findings for publication.
The goal of the ASM Biology Scholars Program is for biologists "to employ rigorous evaluations of their own teaching with the goal of publishing results demonstrating improved student learning in the laboratory or classroom and leading colleagues in national efforts to sustain undergraduate biology education reform."
The campus community congratulates Dr. Washington!
- MAY 30: New York City Fish Count
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Browse Blog Archive>>