The Ellenberger Stories: Featuring ATS 50th Anniversary Banquet Honorees
When the 50th anniversary of Alliance Theological Seminary was celebrated at The View in Piermont, NY last month, five decades of history filled the room. The gathering drew retired, former, and current faculty and staff from the Rockland and New York City ATS campuses and nationwide came to Rockland County, as did alumni and friends of the seminary. It was a time to rejoice over what God has done in and through the seminary since its inception as the Jaffray School of Missions in 1960.
The new "Barney-Shepherd Lifetime Achievement in Ministry Award" was presented to Dr. John and Mrs. Helen Ellenberger. The award, named for the seminary's first faculty, Dr. Linwood Barney and Dr. Jack Shepherd, acknowledged the servant-leadership of this distinguished couple. They are a part of a family that represents five generations of some 25 students who are alumni dating back to the days of the Missionary Training Institute through today's Nyack College.
On Wednesday, March 9 from 5:10 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. in the ATS Library at 350 North Highland Ave. in Nyack, the Ellenbergers will share stories about their service nationwide and around the world. Come and be inspired by how their God-honoring lives have touched so many others.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>