Nyack Celebrates Black History Month
Black History Month is being celebrated campuswide on Nyack's New York campuses.
The Office of Student Activities will host special film nights followed by a discussion on the following Thursdays at 9:15 p.m. in the Hudson/Palisades Room:
February 10 - The Great Debaters
February 17 - Waiting for Superman
February 24 - A Raisin in the Sun
A Night of Tribute
Sunday, February 20, 2011, 7:30 p.m.-9:15 p.m. in Pardington Hall. A tribute to those who paved the way for people of African descent all over the world--in music, art, poetry, and dance.
Nyack's Got Talent!
Saturday, February 26, 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Pardington Hall. An evening of entertainment showcasing Nyack student dancers, singers, poets, and steppers, who will compete for a grand prize. For more information about Rockland campus events, contact Christopher Smith, coordinator of student activities at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 845.675.4788.
IN MANHATTAN, 361 Broadway
On Friday, February 25, 2011 at the Manhattan campus, the Office of Student Development will host, "A Celebration of Achievements in Education and the Arts.
The event will be held at 3:00 p.m. in Room B200. Four faculty/staff members will be honored for their outstanding contributions to the campus community and for their professional accomplishments. The tribute will include a slideshow created by students to express the impact these individuals have had on their lives.
"New Sound," Nyack's gospel choir, will perform in addition to other student presentations in the genres of poetry, music, and dance.
Light refreshments will be served following the program in New York City. For more information, please contact Charles Hammond, associate dean of students by email at email@example.com or by phone at 646.378.6131.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Distance Ed Roster Grows at Nyack /ATS
- Browse Blog Archive>>