Nyack Celebrates Black History Month
Black History Month is being celebrated campuswide on Nyack's New York campuses.
The Office of Student Activities will host special film nights followed by a discussion on the following Thursdays at 9:15 p.m. in the Hudson/Palisades Room:
February 10 - The Great Debaters
February 17 - Waiting for Superman
February 24 - A Raisin in the Sun
A Night of Tribute
Sunday, February 20, 2011, 7:30 p.m.-9:15 p.m. in Pardington Hall. A tribute to those who paved the way for people of African descent all over the world--in music, art, poetry, and dance.
Nyack's Got Talent!
Saturday, February 26, 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Pardington Hall. An evening of entertainment showcasing Nyack student dancers, singers, poets, and steppers, who will compete for a grand prize. For more information about Rockland campus events, contact Christopher Smith, coordinator of student activities at [email protected] or at 845.675.4788.
IN MANHATTAN, 361 Broadway
On Friday, February 25, 2011 at the Manhattan campus, the Office of Student Development will host, "A Celebration of Achievements in Education and the Arts.
The event will be held at 3:00 p.m. in Room B200. Four faculty/staff members will be honored for their outstanding contributions to the campus community and for their professional accomplishments. The tribute will include a slideshow created by students to express the impact these individuals have had on their lives.
"New Sound," Nyack's gospel choir, will perform in addition to other student presentations in the genres of poetry, music, and dance.
Light refreshments will be served following the program in New York City. For more information, please contact Charles Hammond, associate dean of students by email at [email protected] or by phone at 646.378.6131.
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>