Nyack Celebrates Black History Month
Black History Month is being celebrated campuswide on Nyack's New York campuses.
The Office of Student Activities will host special film nights followed by a discussion on the following Thursdays at 9:15 p.m. in the Hudson/Palisades Room:
February 10 - The Great Debaters
February 17 - Waiting for Superman
February 24 - A Raisin in the Sun
A Night of Tribute
Sunday, February 20, 2011, 7:30 p.m.-9:15 p.m. in Pardington Hall. A tribute to those who paved the way for people of African descent all over the world--in music, art, poetry, and dance.
Nyack's Got Talent!
Saturday, February 26, 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Pardington Hall. An evening of entertainment showcasing Nyack student dancers, singers, poets, and steppers, who will compete for a grand prize. For more information about Rockland campus events, contact Christopher Smith, coordinator of student activities at email@example.com or at 845.675.4788.
IN MANHATTAN, 361 Broadway
On Friday, February 25, 2011 at the Manhattan campus, the Office of Student Development will host, "A Celebration of Achievements in Education and the Arts.
The event will be held at 3:00 p.m. in Room B200. Four faculty/staff members will be honored for their outstanding contributions to the campus community and for their professional accomplishments. The tribute will include a slideshow created by students to express the impact these individuals have had on their lives.
"New Sound," Nyack's gospel choir, will perform in addition to other student presentations in the genres of poetry, music, and dance.
Light refreshments will be served following the program in New York City. For more information, please contact Charles Hammond, associate dean of students by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 646.378.6131.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>