Nyack Celebrates Black History Month
Black History Month is being celebrated campuswide on Nyack's New York campuses.
The Office of Student Activities will host special film nights followed by a discussion on the following Thursdays at 9:15 p.m. in the Hudson/Palisades Room:
February 10 - The Great Debaters
February 17 - Waiting for Superman
February 24 - A Raisin in the Sun
A Night of Tribute
Sunday, February 20, 2011, 7:30 p.m.-9:15 p.m. in Pardington Hall. A tribute to those who paved the way for people of African descent all over the world--in music, art, poetry, and dance.
Nyack's Got Talent!
Saturday, February 26, 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Pardington Hall. An evening of entertainment showcasing Nyack student dancers, singers, poets, and steppers, who will compete for a grand prize. For more information about Rockland campus events, contact Christopher Smith, coordinator of student activities at email@example.com or at 845.675.4788.
IN MANHATTAN, 361 Broadway
On Friday, February 25, 2011 at the Manhattan campus, the Office of Student Development will host, "A Celebration of Achievements in Education and the Arts.
The event will be held at 3:00 p.m. in Room B200. Four faculty/staff members will be honored for their outstanding contributions to the campus community and for their professional accomplishments. The tribute will include a slideshow created by students to express the impact these individuals have had on their lives.
"New Sound," Nyack's gospel choir, will perform in addition to other student presentations in the genres of poetry, music, and dance.
Light refreshments will be served following the program in New York City. For more information, please contact Charles Hammond, associate dean of students by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 646.378.6131.
- SEPT. 30: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- SEPT. 30: LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>