Official Statement on October 4, 2005 Campus Incident
October 5, 2005
Contact: Deborah Walker,
Director of Publications & Media Relations
(845)358-1710, ext. 143
NYACK, NY--The entire college community is very concerned about an incident that occurred involving one of our students at our Nyack, NY residential campus yesterday. The media has already released statements that a Nyack College student was attacked and assaulted on campus.
At this time Nyack College does not have specific facts from the individual involved in the incident, the police who are investigating the event, or the medical personnel who treated the individual to communicate facts about what occurred.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the individual involved in the incident. College personnel, the Director of Health Services, the campus chaplain, and Residence Life staff, were with the individual immediately following the incident. It is a priority for us to allow the individual privacy at this time.
As the College receives facts from those investigating the incident we will be posting official updates on our college website www.nyack.edu so that family and friends of our students, as well as our local community, can monitor the facts as they are made available to us.* Every effort is being made to continue to provide the safe environment that Nyack College has historically maintained for its campus community.
* As of 5:30 p.m. 10/5/05, the investigation continues and the preceding statement made earlier today remains the most current information available according to police sources.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>