Official Statement on October 4, 2005 Campus Incident
October 5, 2005
Contact: Deborah Walker,
Director of Publications & Media Relations
(845)358-1710, ext. 143
NYACK, NY--The entire college community is very concerned about an incident that occurred involving one of our students at our Nyack, NY residential campus yesterday. The media has already released statements that a Nyack College student was attacked and assaulted on campus.
At this time Nyack College does not have specific facts from the individual involved in the incident, the police who are investigating the event, or the medical personnel who treated the individual to communicate facts about what occurred.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the individual involved in the incident. College personnel, the Director of Health Services, the campus chaplain, and Residence Life staff, were with the individual immediately following the incident. It is a priority for us to allow the individual privacy at this time.
As the College receives facts from those investigating the incident we will be posting official updates on our college website www.nyack.edu so that family and friends of our students, as well as our local community, can monitor the facts as they are made available to us.* Every effort is being made to continue to provide the safe environment that Nyack College has historically maintained for its campus community.
* As of 5:30 p.m. 10/5/05, the investigation continues and the preceding statement made earlier today remains the most current information available according to police sources.
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Browse Blog Archive>>