Official Statement on October 4, 2005 Campus Incident
October 5, 2005
Contact: Deborah Walker,
Director of Publications & Media Relations
(845)358-1710, ext. 143
NYACK, NY--The entire college community is very concerned about an incident that occurred involving one of our students at our Nyack, NY residential campus yesterday. The media has already released statements that a Nyack College student was attacked and assaulted on campus.
At this time Nyack College does not have specific facts from the individual involved in the incident, the police who are investigating the event, or the medical personnel who treated the individual to communicate facts about what occurred.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the individual involved in the incident. College personnel, the Director of Health Services, the campus chaplain, and Residence Life staff, were with the individual immediately following the incident. It is a priority for us to allow the individual privacy at this time.
As the College receives facts from those investigating the incident we will be posting official updates on our college website www.nyack.edu so that family and friends of our students, as well as our local community, can monitor the facts as they are made available to us.* Every effort is being made to continue to provide the safe environment that Nyack College has historically maintained for its campus community.
* As of 5:30 p.m. 10/5/05, the investigation continues and the preceding statement made earlier today remains the most current information available according to police sources.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>