Nyack Service-Learning Project Vying for Pepsi Refresh Grant
Dr. Gwen Parker Ames, Division of Student Success, Associate Dean, has spearheaded a service-learning project for the past five years at Nyack College overseeing students who serve and mentor survivors of Hurricane Katrina living in Baton Rouge, LA. A feature about Cyber Book Buddies was featured in the Summer 2007 alumni magazine, The Path.
To expand outreach efforts, Dr. Ames is pursuing a Pepsi Refresh Grant for $50,000. Her proposal has been approved for voting. Help her win these crucial funds by texting Pepsi Refresh 73774 and messaging 105223 or go to the Pepsi Refresh site click here to register, log in, and vote.
Vote daily and help Dr. Ames win this grant to continue her important work with young boys and girls who she has determined will not be forgotten. Her project must be in the top ten contenders to win!
You can make a difference. VOTE NOW!
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Nyack's Newest Members of Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon
- Browse Blog Archive>>