Nyack Service-Learning Project Vying for Pepsi Refresh Grant
Dr. Gwen Parker Ames, Division of Student Success, Associate Dean, has spearheaded a service-learning project for the past five years at Nyack College overseeing students who serve and mentor survivors of Hurricane Katrina living in Baton Rouge, LA. A feature about Cyber Book Buddies was featured in the Summer 2007 alumni magazine, The Path.
To expand outreach efforts, Dr. Ames is pursuing a Pepsi Refresh Grant for $50,000. Her proposal has been approved for voting. Help her win these crucial funds by texting Pepsi Refresh 73774 and messaging 105223 or go to the Pepsi Refresh site click here to register, log in, and vote.
Vote daily and help Dr. Ames win this grant to continue her important work with young boys and girls who she has determined will not be forgotten. Her project must be in the top ten contenders to win!
You can make a difference. VOTE NOW!
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Browse Blog Archive>>