Nyack Service-Learning Project Vying for Pepsi Refresh Grant
Dr. Gwen Parker Ames, Division of Student Success, Associate Dean, has spearheaded a service-learning project for the past five years at Nyack College overseeing students who serve and mentor survivors of Hurricane Katrina living in Baton Rouge, LA. A feature about Cyber Book Buddies was featured in the Summer 2007 alumni magazine, The Path.
To expand outreach efforts, Dr. Ames is pursuing a Pepsi Refresh Grant for $50,000. Her proposal has been approved for voting. Help her win these crucial funds by texting Pepsi Refresh 73774 and messaging 105223 or go to the Pepsi Refresh site click here to register, log in, and vote.
Vote daily and help Dr. Ames win this grant to continue her important work with young boys and girls who she has determined will not be forgotten. Her project must be in the top ten contenders to win!
You can make a difference. VOTE NOW!
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>