Nyack Service-Learning Project Vying for Pepsi Refresh Grant
Dr. Gwen Parker Ames, Division of Student Success, Associate Dean, has spearheaded a service-learning project for the past five years at Nyack College overseeing students who serve and mentor survivors of Hurricane Katrina living in Baton Rouge, LA. A feature about Cyber Book Buddies was featured in the Summer 2007 alumni magazine, The Path.
To expand outreach efforts, Dr. Ames is pursuing a Pepsi Refresh Grant for $50,000. Her proposal has been approved for voting. Help her win these crucial funds by texting Pepsi Refresh 73774 and messaging 105223 or go to the Pepsi Refresh site click here to register, log in, and vote.
Vote daily and help Dr. Ames win this grant to continue her important work with young boys and girls who she has determined will not be forgotten. Her project must be in the top ten contenders to win!
You can make a difference. VOTE NOW!
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>