December 1 Memorial Service for Anne Jackson
November has been a season of sadness for Nyack College, but well-lived lives are also a cause for celebration.
On Wednesday, December 1, the campus community will pay tribute to Nyack senior, Anne Elisabeth Jackson, who passed away on November 17. A memorial service will be held at 10:10 a.m. in Pardington Hall on the Rockland County campus for the 21-year-old Cheektowaga, NY resident.
Blessed with a beautiful voice, her performances in Nyack's School of Music productions included La Boheme, Suor Angelica, La Traviata, and Gianni Schicchi. The music education major with a 3.97 GPA was also a Music Theory and Ear Training tutor, president of the Nyack Chorale, a member of Carol and Candlelight, and the second place winner in Nyack's Invitational Scholarship Competition for voice. She was also president of MENC, the National Association for Music Education, an arts education organization. The scholar athlete, a member of the Lady Warriors cross country team, was known for her winning smile, which reflected her gift for encouraging others.
During this service of recalling fond memories, the Jackson family will be surrounded by the love of Anne's friends and classmates, as well as administrators, faculty, and staff.
Regularly scheduled chapel has been cancelled with all students receiving a chapel credit. Classes following the service will resume at 12:10 p.m.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>