December 1 Memorial Service for Anne Jackson
November has been a season of sadness for Nyack College, but well-lived lives are also a cause for celebration.
On Wednesday, December 1, the campus community will pay tribute to Nyack senior, Anne Elisabeth Jackson, who passed away on November 17. A memorial service will be held at 10:10 a.m. in Pardington Hall on the Rockland County campus for the 21-year-old Cheektowaga, NY resident.
Blessed with a beautiful voice, her performances in Nyack's School of Music productions included La Boheme, Suor Angelica, La Traviata, and Gianni Schicchi. The music education major with a 3.97 GPA was also a Music Theory and Ear Training tutor, president of the Nyack Chorale, a member of Carol and Candlelight, and the second place winner in Nyack's Invitational Scholarship Competition for voice. She was also president of MENC, the National Association for Music Education, an arts education organization. The scholar athlete, a member of the Lady Warriors cross country team, was known for her winning smile, which reflected her gift for encouraging others.
During this service of recalling fond memories, the Jackson family will be surrounded by the love of Anne's friends and classmates, as well as administrators, faculty, and staff.
Regularly scheduled chapel has been cancelled with all students receiving a chapel credit. Classes following the service will resume at 12:10 p.m.
- SEPT. 30: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- SEPT. 30: LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>