At Home With Jesus: Music Ed Senior Anne Jackson
Another unexpected tragedy struck Nyack College as the campus community learned of the passing last evening of senior music education student, Anne Elisabeth Jackson. An extraordinary student with a 3.97 GPA, Anne was also a member of the college’s cross country team. Known to have “the voice of an angel,” she was an avid fan of opera.
Grief counseling will be available in the Counseling Center and Student Development Office suite in Boon Campus Center on the Rockland campus throughout the day. A special prayer service will be held this evening from 7-9 p.m. in Pardington Hall.
President Michael G. Scales, numbed by the second campus loss within two weeks, shared, “We recently paid tribute to the late Dr. Paul Siu, our seminary professor, who dedicated his life to serving others and exalting Jesus Christ. Comments from faculty and students who knew Anne indicate that she, too, displayed Christ’s passion for others. Our hearts are deeply saddened.”
Please keep Anne’s parents and sisters in your prayers. When details on arrangements are finalized, information will be shared with the campus community.
A scholarship fund in Anne's memory has been established. Checks should be made payable to Nyack College with a notation that the gift be allocated to the Anne Jackson Memorial Fund.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>