At Home With Jesus: Music Ed Senior Anne Jackson
Another unexpected tragedy struck Nyack College as the campus community learned of the passing last evening of senior music education student, Anne Elisabeth Jackson. An extraordinary student with a 3.97 GPA, Anne was also a member of the college’s cross country team. Known to have “the voice of an angel,” she was an avid fan of opera.
Grief counseling will be available in the Counseling Center and Student Development Office suite in Boon Campus Center on the Rockland campus throughout the day. A special prayer service will be held this evening from 7-9 p.m. in Pardington Hall.
President Michael G. Scales, numbed by the second campus loss within two weeks, shared, “We recently paid tribute to the late Dr. Paul Siu, our seminary professor, who dedicated his life to serving others and exalting Jesus Christ. Comments from faculty and students who knew Anne indicate that she, too, displayed Christ’s passion for others. Our hearts are deeply saddened.”
Please keep Anne’s parents and sisters in your prayers. When details on arrangements are finalized, information will be shared with the campus community.
A scholarship fund in Anne's memory has been established. Checks should be made payable to Nyack College with a notation that the gift be allocated to the Anne Jackson Memorial Fund.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>