At Home With Jesus: Music Ed Senior Anne Jackson
Another unexpected tragedy struck Nyack College as the campus community learned of the passing last evening of senior music education student, Anne Elisabeth Jackson. An extraordinary student with a 3.97 GPA, Anne was also a member of the college’s cross country team. Known to have “the voice of an angel,” she was an avid fan of opera.
Grief counseling will be available in the Counseling Center and Student Development Office suite in Boon Campus Center on the Rockland campus throughout the day. A special prayer service will be held this evening from 7-9 p.m. in Pardington Hall.
President Michael G. Scales, numbed by the second campus loss within two weeks, shared, “We recently paid tribute to the late Dr. Paul Siu, our seminary professor, who dedicated his life to serving others and exalting Jesus Christ. Comments from faculty and students who knew Anne indicate that she, too, displayed Christ’s passion for others. Our hearts are deeply saddened.”
Please keep Anne’s parents and sisters in your prayers. When details on arrangements are finalized, information will be shared with the campus community.
A scholarship fund in Anne's memory has been established. Checks should be made payable to Nyack College with a notation that the gift be allocated to the Anne Jackson Memorial Fund.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>