At Home With Jesus: Music Ed Senior Anne Jackson
Another unexpected tragedy struck Nyack College as the campus community learned of the passing last evening of senior music education student, Anne Elisabeth Jackson. An extraordinary student with a 3.97 GPA, Anne was also a member of the college’s cross country team. Known to have “the voice of an angel,” she was an avid fan of opera.
Grief counseling will be available in the Counseling Center and Student Development Office suite in Boon Campus Center on the Rockland campus throughout the day. A special prayer service will be held this evening from 7-9 p.m. in Pardington Hall.
President Michael G. Scales, numbed by the second campus loss within two weeks, shared, “We recently paid tribute to the late Dr. Paul Siu, our seminary professor, who dedicated his life to serving others and exalting Jesus Christ. Comments from faculty and students who knew Anne indicate that she, too, displayed Christ’s passion for others. Our hearts are deeply saddened.”
Please keep Anne’s parents and sisters in your prayers. When details on arrangements are finalized, information will be shared with the campus community.
A scholarship fund in Anne's memory has been established. Checks should be made payable to Nyack College with a notation that the gift be allocated to the Anne Jackson Memorial Fund.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>