Thanksgiving for the Life of Dr. Paul Siu (1951-2010)
Wednesday, November 10 was a pre-Veteran's Day celebration honoring a valiant soldier for the Lord--Dr. Paul Siu, the beloved Alliance Theological Seminary professor.
The campus community gathered to face the bittersweet reality that Dr. Siu had gone home to be with the Jesus he so loved and inspired others to love more deeply.
Tributes were poignant and each unique, yet a common thread wove a tapestry of sentiments that will be a comforting covering for the campus. (One student paid homage with the moving tribute attached here.) The devoted husband and father, the scholar, the mentor, the friend, the colleague, the shepherd--and above all, the radical lover of Christ was celebrated.
Praise for this man was spoken powerfully. Warm tears flowed freely. Hymns were sung sweetly. And then a candle lighting ceremony was like a final lesson from a master teacher.
Faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends of Nyack College and ATS filed across a stage to take their unlit tea lights to touch the flame of a pillar candle.
Slowly the pillar candle was encircled by dozens of tea lights, but the pillar's flame did not hold. Though its light was out, celebrants used each others tea lights to ignite the wick.
All agree, that our modern day Apostle Paul heard Jesus say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!" And now his legacy continues. Just as Dr. Siu ignited flames in the lives of hundreds of students and even colleagues, his passionate flame can continue to go from heart to heart as we offer thanksgiving for the life of Dr. Paul Siu.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>