Nyack DC Campus Co-sponsors Panels on Immigration
The Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at the Nyack College DC campus is one of five Christian non-profits co-sponsoring free panel discussions on immigration this fall. The panelists are discussing the relationship between immigration and social integration, the workforce, and security.
Two panels held in September and October took place in the Hart Senate Office Building, where a reception preceded the 7:00 p.m. discussion and Q & A session on the theme, "Immigration Reform: Advancing Human Dignity & Responsibility."
A third panel discussion, also to be held in the Hart Senate Office Building, will take place on Wednesday, November 3 at 7 p.m. Galen Carey of the National Association of Evangelicals will moderate. Panelists will be Jen Smyers, associate at Church World Service; Kyle Longely, professor at Arizona State University; Mark Tooley, president of the Institute for Religion and Democracy; and Mathew Staver, dean of Liberty University's School of Law.
The presentations were recently applauded in a blog post entitled, "A Rare Occurrence: A Balanced Immigration Panel," by James R. Edwards, Jr. Click here to read the post in its entirety.
The other sponsors for immigration panel discussions are the Center for Public Justice, the Institute for Global Engagement, the National Association of Evangelicals and the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
For more information this and other events sponsored by Nyack's DC campus, visit www.nyack.edu/DCPress.
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack to Receive the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>