Nyack DC Campus Co-sponsors Panels on Immigration
The Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at the Nyack College DC campus is one of five Christian non-profits co-sponsoring free panel discussions on immigration this fall. The panelists are discussing the relationship between immigration and social integration, the workforce, and security.
Two panels held in September and October took place in the Hart Senate Office Building, where a reception preceded the 7:00 p.m. discussion and Q & A session on the theme, "Immigration Reform: Advancing Human Dignity & Responsibility."
A third panel discussion, also to be held in the Hart Senate Office Building, will take place on Wednesday, November 3 at 7 p.m. Galen Carey of the National Association of Evangelicals will moderate. Panelists will be Jen Smyers, associate at Church World Service; Kyle Longely, professor at Arizona State University; Mark Tooley, president of the Institute for Religion and Democracy; and Mathew Staver, dean of Liberty University's School of Law.
The presentations were recently applauded in a blog post entitled, "A Rare Occurrence: A Balanced Immigration Panel," by James R. Edwards, Jr. Click here to read the post in its entirety.
The other sponsors for immigration panel discussions are the Center for Public Justice, the Institute for Global Engagement, the National Association of Evangelicals and the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
For more information this and other events sponsored by Nyack's DC campus, visit www.nyack.edu/DCPress.
- Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>