Team Cancun Update
Walk into any Barnes & Noble or Borders Bookstore and...well, the book neatly line the shelves--all categorized and alphabetized. But imagine the process of getting a bookstore consumer-ready and consumer-friendly. That's the yeoman's task being accomplished by five Nyack students assisting the owners of Old Cancun Christian Bookstore.
As they battle fatigue and a few inconvenient minor injuries, Team Cancun (pictured above) invites you to check out the bookstore's website they set up at http://www.libreriaunidadcristiana.com. Read about their challenges and their triumphs at http://www.nyackinmexico2010.blogspot.com www.nyackinmexico2010.blogspot.com.
Faculty advisor for the group, Prof. James Muckell, will take another team to Mexico in January 2011 to continue the service-learning work that Nyack has established with an orphanage there. He hopes to have a large enough student group to assign a crew to follow up on the tremendous groundwork done by team leader Carolina Simbana with Piero Gorriti, Farrah Michael, Stephanie Azevedo, and Gavin Penny.
Pray for their endurance to continue the painstaking work and for safe travels as the group will head home next week.
- May 9: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- Nyack Manhattan Welcomes High School Music Students from Michigan
- Help Rockonomix Team Nyack Win. Vote Today!
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Browse Blog Archive>>