DC Campus Hosts "Turning Success Stories Into Fundable Outcomes"
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday May 11, 2010
The Nyack DC campus recently hosted a workshop, "Program Evaluation: Turning Your Success Stories Into Fundable Outcomes," for non-profit organizations. Participants were primarily from organizations in the Washington, DC area, though some traveled from as far away as New York.
The May 8 workshop facilitator was Nancy Chan (pictured at left), an economics and policy analyst at the Stanford Research Institute and a former analyst at the Urban Institute.
A graduate of the Master of Public Policy Institute at Georgetown University, where she concentrated in public management and non-profit studies, Ms. Chan also holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She became involved with non-profits when she helped Little Lights Urban Ministries launch their after-school tutoring program for inner city children in Southeast DC.
Dean Johnson shared about the overwhelmingly positive feedback from workshop attendees. "They expressed a deep sense of satisfaction at the increased sense of competency after learning how to translate their compelling grass roots success stories into language that can attract funders to their cause."
This workshop and previous ones sponsored by the DC campus demonstrate Nyack's commitment to community development and relationship-building with government and social agencies in the metropolitan DC area.
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Vote for Nyack's Joel Pompa, Young Christian Leaders Scholarship Nominee
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Browse Blog Archive>>