Beta Psi Inductions for NYC and Rockland Students
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday April 27, 2010
Nearly twenty Nyack College students have been inducted into the Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society during the 2009-2010 academic year.
Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society is a general scholarship society open to students entering college via non-traditional programs in all academic and professional disciplines. XAE was founded in 1989 on the campus of West Chester University in Pennsylvania. The Beta Psi Chapter was chartered on the campus of Nyack College on March 27, 2003.
Fifteen New York City campus students inducted into Beta Psi this month included Maribelles Amara, Lucille Aponte, Hope Cameron-Nash, Richie Charles, Monica Chiu, Gesai Courtenay, Elizabeth Diaz-Reyes, Renee Downes-Higgins, Yenny Ferreira, Devon Hillary, Lennard Letang, John Negron, Raquel Reeves, Rachel Rodriguez, and Rayshaun Spain. Hector Lino is the advisor on the Manhattan campus.
In December 2009, students from the Rockland campus inducted into the chapter were Kwame McIntosh, Marlin Nieves, Naomie Pierre-Louis and Zakira Whitaker. Suzanne Toliao is the advisor on the Rockland campus.
The objectives of XAE are to promote continued high academic standards; to foster increased communication amongst its members, and to honor academic excellence achieved by those students. Students with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and two consecutive semesters of a GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for induction into the chapter.
The Nyack campus community celebrates this impressive achievement with our students and their advisors.
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>