Beta Psi Inductions for NYC and Rockland Students
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday April 27, 2010
Nearly twenty Nyack College students have been inducted into the Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society during the 2009-2010 academic year.
Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society is a general scholarship society open to students entering college via non-traditional programs in all academic and professional disciplines. XAE was founded in 1989 on the campus of West Chester University in Pennsylvania. The Beta Psi Chapter was chartered on the campus of Nyack College on March 27, 2003.
Fifteen New York City campus students inducted into Beta Psi this month included Maribelles Amara, Lucille Aponte, Hope Cameron-Nash, Richie Charles, Monica Chiu, Gesai Courtenay, Elizabeth Diaz-Reyes, Renee Downes-Higgins, Yenny Ferreira, Devon Hillary, Lennard Letang, John Negron, Raquel Reeves, Rachel Rodriguez, and Rayshaun Spain. Hector Lino is the advisor on the Manhattan campus.
In December 2009, students from the Rockland campus inducted into the chapter were Kwame McIntosh, Marlin Nieves, Naomie Pierre-Louis and Zakira Whitaker. Suzanne Toliao is the advisor on the Rockland campus.
The objectives of XAE are to promote continued high academic standards; to foster increased communication amongst its members, and to honor academic excellence achieved by those students. Students with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and two consecutive semesters of a GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for induction into the chapter.
The Nyack campus community celebrates this impressive achievement with our students and their advisors.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>