C&MA Names ATS Alumnus to Leadership Role
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday April 22, 2010
Rev. Rosilio Roman III, a 1995 alumnus of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, has been appointed to the post of assistant vice president for Multicultural Ministries and Church Multiplication by The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA).
Considered a historic move for the Alliance, vice president for Church ministries, Rev. John Soper commented recently on Roman's selection. "As our congregations are becoming more culturally diverse, so must our national leadership." Rev. Soper, a member of the Nyack/ATS Board of Trustees shared, "Ethnic people currently represent about one-third of the population of the United States, and that same percentage is held within the upper leadership of Church Ministries."
Rev. Roman has served for more than 25 years at the C&MA's National Office in Colorado Springs. His ministry career began as a chaplain candidate in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. From 1987 to 1995, he was senior pastor of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Church of Manati-Pueblo in Manati, Puerto Rico. He later served as church planting director as well as district superintendent of the Puerto Rico District of the C&MA.
The Nyack/ATS campus community salutes the accomplishments of Rev. Roman and applauds the C&MA for recognizing the new assistant vice president as a valuable asset to the Alliance.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>