Second Annual Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack Rockland - May 21-22
The Nyack College School of Music is proud to announce its Second Annual Hudson River Pianofest, May 21-22, 2010 on the Rockland County campus. Coordinated by Nyack music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum, this inspiring two-day program of piano master classes, lectures, and concerts is open to all music lovers—students, adult amateurs, teachers, and observers. The program welcomes pianists from intermediate to advanced levels to be active participants. One or two-day registration options are available for students and observers. Audience can purchase tickets to events and concerts.
The internationally renowned concert pianist, Ann Schein, (pictured above) is the featured guest artist. The Washington Post has said of her: “Thank heaven for Ann Schein…what a relief it is to hear a pianist who, with no muss or fuss, simply reaches right into the heart of whatever she is playing and creates music so powerful you cannot tear yourself away.”
Ms. Schein, Dr. Lum, and Dr. Lisa Yui will conduct master classes. Lecture demonstrations will be presented by Dr. Emily White and Dr. David Witten. Topics to be addressed in the classes include, “Performing and Memorizing Post-Romantic Repertoire,” “The Greatest Method Book Never Written: Chopin’s Sketchbook for Pianists,” and “Master Class for Adult Amateurs.”
For more information about this two-day event, contact Tammy Lum, program director at firstname.lastname@example.org 845-675-4MUS. Details are also available at www.hudsonriverpianofest.org
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>