Michael Ahn - 2010 Nyack/ATS Commencement Speaker
Michael (Myeong Kyu) Ahn is this year’s speaker for the Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary commencement ceremony to be held on Saturday, May 8, 2010. The college will award him an honorary Doctor of Letters degree. Commencement will be held at 2:00 p.m. at the Westchester County Center located at 198 Central Ave. in White Plains, NY.
From January 2004 through March 2010, Mr. Ahn was president and chief executive officer of LG Electronics North America, the regional headquarters of LG Electronics, Inc., a global force in consumer electronics, mobile communications, and home appliances. After retiring from a 34-year career, he is now senior advisor to LG. He provides strategic counsel to LG Electronics and advises small- and medium-size businesses, as well as not-for-profit organizations.
In this role, Mr. Ahn successfully realigned LG’s multi-faceted North American operations into a single, consolidated business structure, while building the LG brand into a top-tier player in the company’s core business areas. As CEO, he provided strategic direction for LG Electronics activities in the United States, Canada and Mexico, encompassing LG Home Entertainment, Home Appliances, Mobile Phones, Business Solutions, and Air Conditioning products, as well as related service and support activities.
A Vietnam War veteran, Mr. Ahn received the Humanitarian of the Year Award from the Anti-Defamation League in 2008. He continues to be active in industry affairs, as chairman of the Korean Chamber of Commerce in the USA and as a lecturer on marketing at Korea and Yonsei Universities.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>