Update on Nyack's Fundraising for Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday April 5, 2010
Nearly three months after the devastating earthquake in Haiti, an update on Nyack's efforts to raise funds to help survivors of the January 2010 disaster was reported by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda on behalf of the Solidarity Committee.
In a recent email, she shares: "We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to all the students, faculty, deans, department chairs, and staff members who helped in multiple ways to make the Open Mic and Benefit Concert for Haiti such a great success. The two events combined allowed the student subcommittee to raise a total of $1,129.17."
She continues, "...the Lord has blessed the efforts of our Nyack/ATS community as we have come together to extend a hand to our brothers and sisters in Haiti. Our fund currently has a total of $2,919.17 and we are planning to have one more fundraiser before the end of the semester."
Dr. Balmaceda solicits the continued prayers for Haiti from the campus community as well as prayer asking for God's direction for the committee as it makes final decisions about the community development project that will receive the funds raised this semester.
Strength in numbers is evident in the collaboration of the faculty, staff, and students as Nyack demonstrates its core values.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Nyack's Newest Members of Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon
- Browse Blog Archive>>