Update on Nyack's Fundraising for Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday April 5, 2010
Nearly three months after the devastating earthquake in Haiti, an update on Nyack's efforts to raise funds to help survivors of the January 2010 disaster was reported by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda on behalf of the Solidarity Committee.
In a recent email, she shares: "We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to all the students, faculty, deans, department chairs, and staff members who helped in multiple ways to make the Open Mic and Benefit Concert for Haiti such a great success. The two events combined allowed the student subcommittee to raise a total of $1,129.17."
She continues, "...the Lord has blessed the efforts of our Nyack/ATS community as we have come together to extend a hand to our brothers and sisters in Haiti. Our fund currently has a total of $2,919.17 and we are planning to have one more fundraiser before the end of the semester."
Dr. Balmaceda solicits the continued prayers for Haiti from the campus community as well as prayer asking for God's direction for the committee as it makes final decisions about the community development project that will receive the funds raised this semester.
Strength in numbers is evident in the collaboration of the faculty, staff, and students as Nyack demonstrates its core values.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>