NAACP Will Honor Nyack's Earl Miller
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday April 5, 2010
Thursday, April 8, at Rockland County's Pearl River Hilton, the Nyack Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) will honor Nyack College/ATS's Executive Director of Community Relations, Earl Miller.
This event, the Freedom Fund Dinner, is the group's primary annual fundraiser. Earl will be one of several leaders in education who will be acknowledged for exemplary service to the community.
The keynote speaker for the evening will be the Honorable Congressman John Lewis. "The Reward of Service" is this year's theme at the 51st annual gathering.
Mr. Miller has headed the Office for Community Relations located on the Rockland campus for several years and is the campus ambassador for building and enhancing relationships with community, civic, government, as well as churches and schools in the Tri State New York area. A Nyack alumnus (BS '86; MSOL '06), he is also Nyack's golf coach, who tirelessly serves the institution and its scholar-athletes.
The Nyack campus community salutes Earl Miller for this well-deserved recognition.
- APRIL 10: Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Rockland Campus
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Browse Blog Archive>>