Nyack Helps Feed Children in Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Friday March 12, 2010
Nyack's recent sponsorship of a benefit gospel concert at Carnegie Hall in partnership with LemonAID FOR HAITI was an enormous success. Despite the adversity of winter weather advisories that week, supporters rallied together on Friday, February 26 and turned ticket sales into food for young earthquake survivors in the already impoverished nation of Haiti.
Co-founder of LEMONAID with her husband, Billy and her three children, Chedera, Christopher and Conner, Paige Strackman sent along a gracious expression of gratitude.
"Thanks to the support of Nyack, LemonAID for HAITI raised enough money from ticket sales and donations to send 30,030 pounds of food to children there. This will feed 400 children rice for 300 meals resulting in rice for 120,000 individual meals. Thi sis utterly remarkable! So we don't create a security risk for the children, we are sending almost 800 pounds of food a week to the feed program in Port-au-Prince, Haiti that is feeding 400 children six days a week. Words fail to adequately express my gratitude to Nyack College. But I know the kids in Haiti receiving the food, thanks to your involvement, are applauding your efforts to help them!"
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>