Nyack Helps Feed Children in Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Friday March 12, 2010
Nyack's recent sponsorship of a benefit gospel concert at Carnegie Hall in partnership with LemonAID FOR HAITI was an enormous success. Despite the adversity of winter weather advisories that week, supporters rallied together on Friday, February 26 and turned ticket sales into food for young earthquake survivors in the already impoverished nation of Haiti.
Co-founder of LEMONAID with her husband, Billy and her three children, Chedera, Christopher and Conner, Paige Strackman sent along a gracious expression of gratitude.
"Thanks to the support of Nyack, LemonAID for HAITI raised enough money from ticket sales and donations to send 30,030 pounds of food to children there. This will feed 400 children rice for 300 meals resulting in rice for 120,000 individual meals. Thi sis utterly remarkable! So we don't create a security risk for the children, we are sending almost 800 pounds of food a week to the feed program in Port-au-Prince, Haiti that is feeding 400 children six days a week. Words fail to adequately express my gratitude to Nyack College. But I know the kids in Haiti receiving the food, thanks to your involvement, are applauding your efforts to help them!"
- Wednesday: October 23--Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>