Nyack's Warrior Women Bring Home CACC Title
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday March 8, 2010
Nyack's Women Warriors clinched the 2009-2010 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) basketball title this past weekend, finishing with a score of 45-43 over Holy Family University. The two teams will represent the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference at the National Collegiate Athletic Conference (NCAA) Division II Women's Basketball East Region Tournament this week. No. 8 Nyack will play No. 1 seed and regional host, Franklin Pierce University, on Friday, March 12 at Fitchburg State College in Fitchburg, MA.
Says Head Coach, Josh Thompson, "I'm so proud of my team. This whole season is a testimony of what God can do in and through each one of us when we seek Him first and give Him all the glory. The thing that excites me the most is seeing how God has worked in the hearts of each player and each coach and drawn us closer to Him and to each other. We are all very excited about playing in the NCAA tournament (Nyack's first team ever) and representing Nyack College on the national stage! God is good!"
Congratulations to Josh Thompson who was named Coach of the Year and to Jasmine Minter, who was named the Tournament's Most Valuable Player after contributing 13 points, seven rebounds and seven assists!
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>