Nearly $1,000 Received at NYC Campus Chapel Service for Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday February 22, 2010
The Nyack Experience at the New York City campus hosted a special chapel service on Wednesday February 24 at 5 p.m. Those who perished in the earthquake, as well as survivors, were remembered during this service of prayer, praise, and worship. Students who are from Haiti or have loved ones in Haiti shared testimonies and a message of comfort was shared by Rev. James Deas, who is a Nyack student and a pastor.
Attendees were asked to bring an offering of at least $5 to donate to Caribbean Grace Tabernacle for a ministry that feeds some 400-500 Haitian children weekly. Nearly $1,000 was donated.
For more information, contact the Nyack New York City Office of Student Development at 646.378.6133.
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Nursing Alumni Return to Share Their Journey
- Nyack College Partners with the Luis Palau Association
- Nyack Reps at NY Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany
- Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
- Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack AGSC Professor and Students Published in Journal
- Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Browse Blog Archive>>