Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program is Approved!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday January 12, 2010
Nyack College and ATS President Dr. Michael G. Scales along with Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. David F. Turk announced to the campus community that the New York State Board of Regents approved Nyack's application to offer the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, which will launch in fall 2010.
Says Dr. Scales, Nyack’s 12th president, “There are documents going back 50 years showing that a nursing program was in discussion. In the entire history of this institution, this is our first health professional degree!”
“Gratitude and congratulations go out to Dr. Inseon Hwang and Dr. Ben Schepens for all their diligent work in seeing this program through the arduous approval process,” Dr. Turk shares. He adds that Dr. Teresa Wood has also given invaluable service as a consultant over the past two years.
For more information,phone Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Dinesh Mahtani at 1.800.33.NYACK (69225) or email Dinesh.Mahtani@nyack.edu for information on the curriculum and the application process. Details on the program, including curriculum can be found at http://nyack.edu/content/Nursing_Home.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>