Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program is Approved!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday January 12, 2010
Nyack College and ATS President Dr. Michael G. Scales along with Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. David F. Turk announced to the campus community that the New York State Board of Regents approved Nyack's application to offer the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, which will launch in fall 2010.
Says Dr. Scales, Nyack’s 12th president, “There are documents going back 50 years showing that a nursing program was in discussion. In the entire history of this institution, this is our first health professional degree!”
“Gratitude and congratulations go out to Dr. Inseon Hwang and Dr. Ben Schepens for all their diligent work in seeing this program through the arduous approval process,” Dr. Turk shares. He adds that Dr. Teresa Wood has also given invaluable service as a consultant over the past two years.
For more information,phone Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Dinesh Mahtani at 1.800.33.NYACK (69225) or email Dinesh.Mahtani@nyack.edu for information on the curriculum and the application process. Details on the program, including curriculum can be found at http://nyack.edu/content/Nursing_Home.
- TODAY: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>