Community Service Projects for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Nyack College and The United Way of Rockland are coordinating community service opportunities at the following locations on federal holiday, Monday, January 18, observing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. As an expression of gratitude for serving, volunteers qualify for free tickets to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Multicultural Center Jazz Concert to be held at Riverspace Arts in Nyack at 7:00 p.m.
Service projects sites are the following:
Community Action Program Residence, Valley Cottage, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed to paint. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Nyack Center, Nyack, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed for cleaning and repair projects. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
People to People, Nanuet, NY: Six volunteers are needed to stock the pantry and distribute goods from 11 am to 2 pm.
West Street Child Care and Learning Center in Spring Valley, NY: needs two teams of 10-12 volunteers for classroom painting. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Supplies and lunch will be provided for volunteers. For more information, contact the Nyack College Office of Community Relations at 845.675.4791.
- TONIGHT: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- MAY 30: New York City Fish Count
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>