Community Service Projects for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Nyack College and The United Way of Rockland are coordinating community service opportunities at the following locations on federal holiday, Monday, January 18, observing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. As an expression of gratitude for serving, volunteers qualify for free tickets to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Multicultural Center Jazz Concert to be held at Riverspace Arts in Nyack at 7:00 p.m.
Service projects sites are the following:
Community Action Program Residence, Valley Cottage, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed to paint. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Nyack Center, Nyack, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed for cleaning and repair projects. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
People to People, Nanuet, NY: Six volunteers are needed to stock the pantry and distribute goods from 11 am to 2 pm.
West Street Child Care and Learning Center in Spring Valley, NY: needs two teams of 10-12 volunteers for classroom painting. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Supplies and lunch will be provided for volunteers. For more information, contact the Nyack College Office of Community Relations at 845.675.4791.
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Browse Blog Archive>>