December 19 Memorial Service for Prof. Margaret Bowen
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday December 8, 2009
Nyack Provost Dr. David Turk announced today the passing of Prof. Margaret Bowen.
“She went home to be with her King this morning at 5:30 am. She had battled cancer for over the last year and a half and died peacefully at home surrounded by her family — husband John, her two sons and their families, and her brothers and sister.
“Peg joined the faculty of Nyack College, NYC in 2000 as Associate Professor of ESL and Director of the ESL Department. She continued to teach her classes and direct the ESL program through this September, an indication of her love for Nyack and its students and her steadfast service to her King. She was honored for service to Nyack College at the NYC campus' first Homecoming in October of this fall. (Click here to view the photo gallery that includes the tribute to Peg at the Homecoming banquet.)
Nyack College and The Lamb's Church in Manhattan will hold a memorial service for Peg on Saturday, December 19 at noon at Primitive Christian Church, 209 East Broadway (lower East Side), New York, NY 10002. For travel directions, visit the website at www.primitivechurch.org. Following the memorial service, a reception will be held at the Nyack College Manhattan campus located at 361 Broadway from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Cards can be mailed to John Bowen and Family, 455 Main Street, Apt. 4M, New York, NY 10044
“Please be in prayer for Peg's family and thank God that Nyack College was privileged to have such a mighty warrior serving here for the last ten years.”
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>