DC Campus Dean Moderates Blog on Compassion
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday December 7, 2009
Personal transformation is one of the five Nyack College core values. Living, as well as teaching, the values exemplifies Nyack’s commitment to integrating faith, learning and spiritual transformation.
Nyack College DC has partnered with the Central Union Mission, the oldest social service agency in Washington, DC, which is a part of Gospel Rescue Missions, during the organization’s 125th anniversary.
The faith-based 501(c)3 nonprofit has four locations throughout the Washington area and operates an 18-month rehabilitation program for men, a free meals program, a clothing and furniture distribution center, and a 220-acre retreat center with a camp for underprivileged children and recreation facilities for the community.
In conjunction with this anniversary year-partnership, DC campus Associate Dean Patricia Johnson is moderating a blog on compassion. The current blog leader is Mark Earley (pictured at left), president of Prison Fellowship, founded by Chuck Colson, which is an outreach to prisoners, ex-prisoners, and their families. He is a former Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Visit http://www.missiondc.org/blog/ to read Earley's article, “Cultivating a Compassionate Heart.”
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>