Nyack College Rockland On Diversity Day Itinerary
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday November 23, 2009
Diversity Dimensions Participants
Dr. Ram Nagubamdi, Human Rights Commissioner for Rockland County and Leadership Rockland Executive Board member invited Earl Miller, Nyack’s Director of Community Relations, to serve as the Head Coordinator for Diversity Dimensions Day to bring a more experiential dynamic to the program.
Participants were provided with an overview of the experience of living in today's culturally diverse society. The recent daylong agenda kicked off with breakfast at Nyack’s Rockland campus and traveled throughout the county to spots including the Hibernian House in Pearl River; Finkelstein Library/Holocaust Museum in Spring Valley, the CEJJES Institute in Pomona and Rockland Community College Haverstraw Extension site.
Content of Diversity Dimensions included discussions about the cultural demographics of Rockland County, how and when different cultures came to the County, and what diversity brings to different aspects of life in Rockland. Time was spent exploring the myths and the realities of cultural diversity and identifying the challenges that arise in the context of education, economic development, public policy and community development.
For more information on Leadership Rockland, visit http://leadershiprockland.org.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>