Nyack College Rockland On Diversity Day Itinerary
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday November 23, 2009
Diversity Dimensions Participants
Dr. Ram Nagubamdi, Human Rights Commissioner for Rockland County and Leadership Rockland Executive Board member invited Earl Miller, Nyack’s Director of Community Relations, to serve as the Head Coordinator for Diversity Dimensions Day to bring a more experiential dynamic to the program.
Participants were provided with an overview of the experience of living in today's culturally diverse society. The recent daylong agenda kicked off with breakfast at Nyack’s Rockland campus and traveled throughout the county to spots including the Hibernian House in Pearl River; Finkelstein Library/Holocaust Museum in Spring Valley, the CEJJES Institute in Pomona and Rockland Community College Haverstraw Extension site.
Content of Diversity Dimensions included discussions about the cultural demographics of Rockland County, how and when different cultures came to the County, and what diversity brings to different aspects of life in Rockland. Time was spent exploring the myths and the realities of cultural diversity and identifying the challenges that arise in the context of education, economic development, public policy and community development.
For more information on Leadership Rockland, visit http://leadershiprockland.org.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>