Nyack DC Partners With Central Union Mission
The Nyack DC campus has forged a partnership with Central Union Mission, the oldest social service agency in Washington, DC. The "Campaign for Compassion," is a five-month effort, which began in November to encourage public service and support for Washington's poor, homeless, hungry, addicted and friendless.
More than 12,000 men, women, and children in the nation’s capitol and the surrounding area are living in shelters, transitional housing, or on the streets. In light of the suffering of so many, Central Union Mission and Nyack DC will go into churches on what are called "Compassion Sundays" and challenge congregants on the issues of compassion and public service for the poor.
Nyack and the Mission will also offer special programs for emergency shelters, special programs for children, and schools, participating in a "Help for the Homeless Walkathon." Dr. Patricia Johnson, Associate Dean, who directs Nyack DC’s new Certification Program in Community Development, which launches in February 2010, moderates a blog: "Compassion: A Conversation Blog" at http://missiondc.org/blog hosted by the Central Union Mission. "This is a natural for us in light of Nyack's core values," said Nyack's Dean, Dr. Richard Gathro.
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- October 31: Next Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>