CCCU President Visits Nyack
Nyack College recently welcomed Dr. Paul R. Corts, fifth president of the Washington, DC-based Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU,) to the Rockland campus.
Dr. Corts met with President Michael Scales, other Nyack administrators, and faculty. At a special reception, he shared observations of nationwide trends and patterns in campus life and academia with student leaders.
Asked by a student officer about how to effectively manage the demands of studies and extra-curricula activities, he offered the small group simple, yet profound advice: “Keep the main thing, the main thing.” Corts, also a former president of Palm Beach Atlantic University and Wingate University in North Carolina, urged them to wake up seeking God’s will for each day and to stay focused on that particular purpose.
Nyack is a past recipient of the CCCU’s Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony, which celebrates the achievements of CCCU campuses making progress in the areas of diversity, racial harmony, and reconciliation. In 2001, Nyack shared this distinction with Calvin College, located in Grand Rapids, MI.
For more than three decades the CCCU has been intentional about advancing “the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help the 111-member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth.”
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>