Italy's La Follia Barocca at Nyack College Rockland
La Follia Barocca will perform at Nyack College Rockland on Thursday, November 5 at 7:30 p.m. in Pardington Hall as a part of their 2009 US tour. This chamber orchestra from Milan, Italy, has performed together since 2002 and will present a concert showcasing works by Fiorenza, Locatelli, and Vivaldi.
The ensemble created by a group of talented musicians with extensive experience in the repertoire of the 17th and 18th centuries, perform with instruments that are identical replicas of instruments used during this time period. The group includes solo players from the most prestigious baroque instrumental groups to have emerged in recent years.
This concert is being sponsored by the Arts Series of Nyack College. For more information and directions, please call the Music Office at 845.675.4687. Pardington Hall is located at 45 South Blvd. in Nyack, NY.
The concert is free and the public is cordially invited. Donations will be accepted.
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- Browse Blog Archive>>