Italy's La Follia Barocca at Nyack College Rockland
La Follia Barocca will perform at Nyack College Rockland on Thursday, November 5 at 7:30 p.m. in Pardington Hall as a part of their 2009 US tour. This chamber orchestra from Milan, Italy, has performed together since 2002 and will present a concert showcasing works by Fiorenza, Locatelli, and Vivaldi.
The ensemble created by a group of talented musicians with extensive experience in the repertoire of the 17th and 18th centuries, perform with instruments that are identical replicas of instruments used during this time period. The group includes solo players from the most prestigious baroque instrumental groups to have emerged in recent years.
This concert is being sponsored by the Arts Series of Nyack College. For more information and directions, please call the Music Office at 845.675.4687. Pardington Hall is located at 45 South Blvd. in Nyack, NY.
The concert is free and the public is cordially invited. Donations will be accepted.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>