Nyack DC Welcomes New Visiting Fellow
Dr. Alan Baker was recently named Visiting Fellow at Nyack’s Washington, DC campus. He will serve in an advisory role to Dean Richard Gathro and Associate Dean Patricia Johnson on leadership studies. Nyack welcomes Dr. Baker’s development of organizational vision and innovative thinking.
With extensive experience at the federal executive level leading large organizations, his Navy career culminated in his appointment to Rear Admiral and assignment as the 16th Chaplain of the U.S. Marine Corps. This Master Training Specialist designated by the Navy Chief of Education and Training (NETC) has a secondary specialty in education and training management.
For more than 20 years, Dr. Baker has managed and led initiatives for change in education, ministry, and senior management of large and diverse organizations within the federal government. His most recent leadership role includes resource acquisition and development, strategic planning, organizational development, operations management, resource allocation, leadership training, program design, and curriculum development managed through a staff of 600 operating globally.
Dr. Baker earned a Master of Divinity degree from Fuller Theological Seminary and was ordained by the Reformed Church in America. He also holds a Doctorate of Ministry from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
He and his wife, Marla, live in Washington, DC. They have two grown daughters.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>