Nyack Music Prof Featured in SUNY Quadricentennial Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday October 22, 2009
Nyack Rockland's School of Music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum, will be a featured performer in a musical salute to the quadricentennial celebration sponsored by the State University of New York (SUNY) Orange County Community College Symphonic Band on Friday, October 23 at the Paramount Theatre, 17 South St. in Middletown, NY. Dr. Lum will debut Merle Patterson's arrangement of George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue."
A gifted pianist with both national and international acclaim, Dr. Lum has appeared as a soloist with the Hong Kong Sinfonietta and Hong Kong Philharmonic, Augusta (GA) Symphony Orchestra, and the Sarah Lawrence Symphony. Her solo recitals have been showcased on the stages of Alice Tully Hall in New York City, La Salle Cortot in Paris, and City Hall Theatres in Hong Kong.
This dynamic recording artist is the winner of international competitions, including the New Orleans International Piano Competition (1995), the Leschetizky Foundation Competition (1990), the Mieczyslaw Munz Foundation Scholarship competition (1988), ) and the Young Keyboard Artists Association (1985).
The concert is hosted by SUNY Orange's Arts and Communication Department. For more information, call 845.341.4787 or 845.341.4393. Admission is $5.00.
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>