Nyack Music Prof Featured in SUNY Quadricentennial Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday October 22, 2009
Nyack Rockland's School of Music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum, will be a featured performer in a musical salute to the quadricentennial celebration sponsored by the State University of New York (SUNY) Orange County Community College Symphonic Band on Friday, October 23 at the Paramount Theatre, 17 South St. in Middletown, NY. Dr. Lum will debut Merle Patterson's arrangement of George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue."
A gifted pianist with both national and international acclaim, Dr. Lum has appeared as a soloist with the Hong Kong Sinfonietta and Hong Kong Philharmonic, Augusta (GA) Symphony Orchestra, and the Sarah Lawrence Symphony. Her solo recitals have been showcased on the stages of Alice Tully Hall in New York City, La Salle Cortot in Paris, and City Hall Theatres in Hong Kong.
This dynamic recording artist is the winner of international competitions, including the New Orleans International Piano Competition (1995), the Leschetizky Foundation Competition (1990), the Mieczyslaw Munz Foundation Scholarship competition (1988), ) and the Young Keyboard Artists Association (1985).
The concert is hosted by SUNY Orange's Arts and Communication Department. For more information, call 845.341.4787 or 845.341.4393. Admission is $5.00.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>