Nyack Music Prof Featured in SUNY Quadricentennial Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday October 22, 2009
Nyack Rockland's School of Music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum, will be a featured performer in a musical salute to the quadricentennial celebration sponsored by the State University of New York (SUNY) Orange County Community College Symphonic Band on Friday, October 23 at the Paramount Theatre, 17 South St. in Middletown, NY. Dr. Lum will debut Merle Patterson's arrangement of George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue."
A gifted pianist with both national and international acclaim, Dr. Lum has appeared as a soloist with the Hong Kong Sinfonietta and Hong Kong Philharmonic, Augusta (GA) Symphony Orchestra, and the Sarah Lawrence Symphony. Her solo recitals have been showcased on the stages of Alice Tully Hall in New York City, La Salle Cortot in Paris, and City Hall Theatres in Hong Kong.
This dynamic recording artist is the winner of international competitions, including the New Orleans International Piano Competition (1995), the Leschetizky Foundation Competition (1990), the Mieczyslaw Munz Foundation Scholarship competition (1988), ) and the Young Keyboard Artists Association (1985).
The concert is hosted by SUNY Orange's Arts and Communication Department. For more information, call 845.341.4787 or 845.341.4393. Admission is $5.00.
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>