Nyack DC's Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Hosts Lectures
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at Nyack College in Washington DC is the host of “The Imperiled Promise of the Common Good,” a fall lecture series at the Hall of States Building at 444 North Capitol Street, NW. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 pm and lectures begin at 7:00 p.m. The public is welcome to attend these free events.
Thomas Gibson, editor and cartoonist, was the first lecturer on September 24. He spoke on “The Imperiled Promise of Freedom of the Press.” Gibson’s work has appeared in USA Today. He has also worked for The Washington Post, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times, and the National Journal.
On October 22, the second lecture in the series will be jointly sponsored with the Center for Public Justice and the Washington Institute. Clarke Cochran, vice president for mission integration for the Covenant Health System in Lubbock, TX is the guest speaker for the fifteenth annual Kuyper Lecturer. His topic is “The Imperiled Promise of Healthcare Reform.”
The final lecture is scheduled for November 11 with Michael Duffy, TIME Magazine’s assistant managing editor. Duffy will speak on “The Imperiled Promise of Religious Leadership in Politics.” He is the author of The Preacher and the Presidents: Billy Graham in the White House, and has covered the Pentagon, the Congress, the White House, and national politics for more than two decades.
“We hope this lecture series will promote conversations about the elements that make our democratic society unique and the challenges that threaten it,” Dr. Richard Gathro, Nyack DC dean said.
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development prepares men and women for national and international government and non-profit service.
For more information on the lecture series or on degree programs at Nyack DC, phone 202.220.1300 or email email@example.com.
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- OCT 29 & 31: Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- Browse Blog Archive>>