Nyack DC's Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Hosts Lectures
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at Nyack College in Washington DC is the host of “The Imperiled Promise of the Common Good,” a fall lecture series at the Hall of States Building at 444 North Capitol Street, NW. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 pm and lectures begin at 7:00 p.m. The public is welcome to attend these free events.
Thomas Gibson, editor and cartoonist, was the first lecturer on September 24. He spoke on “The Imperiled Promise of Freedom of the Press.” Gibson’s work has appeared in USA Today. He has also worked for The Washington Post, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times, and the National Journal.
On October 22, the second lecture in the series will be jointly sponsored with the Center for Public Justice and the Washington Institute. Clarke Cochran, vice president for mission integration for the Covenant Health System in Lubbock, TX is the guest speaker for the fifteenth annual Kuyper Lecturer. His topic is “The Imperiled Promise of Healthcare Reform.”
The final lecture is scheduled for November 11 with Michael Duffy, TIME Magazine’s assistant managing editor. Duffy will speak on “The Imperiled Promise of Religious Leadership in Politics.” He is the author of The Preacher and the Presidents: Billy Graham in the White House, and has covered the Pentagon, the Congress, the White House, and national politics for more than two decades.
“We hope this lecture series will promote conversations about the elements that make our democratic society unique and the challenges that threaten it,” Dr. Richard Gathro, Nyack DC dean said.
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development prepares men and women for national and international government and non-profit service.
For more information on the lecture series or on degree programs at Nyack DC, phone 202.220.1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Vote for Nyack's Joel Pompa, Young Christian Leaders Scholarship Nominee
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Browse Blog Archive>>