Historical Society of the Nyacks Showcases Nyack College in Armchair Walking Tour
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday September 17, 2009
The 14th annual John Scott Armchair Walking Tour sponsored by the Historical Society of the Nyacks and The Friends of the Nyacks will feature Nyack College this year in one of its three slideshow presentations this fall.
A former president of the college and seminary, Dr. Rexford Boda, will be the guest narrator for “Nyack College--High on a Nyack Hill,” on October 7, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. at the Nyack Center, 58 Depew Avenue in Nyack and on October 8, 2009 at 2:00 p.m. at the Valley Cottage Library, 110 Route 303, Valley Cottage, NY.
Dr. Boda, the 10th president of Nyack College and a 1957 alumnus of the college, will provide a unique perspective of the college’s history both as an administrator and former student. Historic photographs from the early years of the college through the turn of the century will be showcased in this presentation.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>