Historical Society of the Nyacks Showcases Nyack College in Armchair Walking Tour
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday September 17, 2009
The 14th annual John Scott Armchair Walking Tour sponsored by the Historical Society of the Nyacks and The Friends of the Nyacks will feature Nyack College this year in one of its three slideshow presentations this fall.
A former president of the college and seminary, Dr. Rexford Boda, will be the guest narrator for “Nyack College--High on a Nyack Hill,” on October 7, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. at the Nyack Center, 58 Depew Avenue in Nyack and on October 8, 2009 at 2:00 p.m. at the Valley Cottage Library, 110 Route 303, Valley Cottage, NY.
Dr. Boda, the 10th president of Nyack College and a 1957 alumnus of the college, will provide a unique perspective of the college’s history both as an administrator and former student. Historic photographs from the early years of the college through the turn of the century will be showcased in this presentation.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Browse Blog Archive>>