Bachelor of Science in Adolescent Education Comes to Nyack NYC
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday July 13, 2009
Dr. JoAnn Looney, dean of the School of Education, recently announced that two new education degrees will be added at the Nyack New York City campus. A Bachelor of Science in Adolescent Education in Social Studies (History) and in Adolescent Education (English) will be launched in the fall of 2009.
The curriculum is an approved program under the provisions and regulations of the Commissioner of Education and the Division of Teacher Education and Certification of the Department of Higher Education of the State of New York. Completion of these studies leads to recommendation for the initial certificate for teaching adolescents in the schools of New York (grades 7-12), as well as for an ACSI teaching certificate.
Nyack’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
For more information on the new adolescent education programs or other undergraduate programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800.33.NYACK for the Nyack, NY campus, 877.626.2236 at the New York City campus.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>