Nyack President in 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade
Take a look at the demographics of Nyack College students, faculty, staff, administrators, and trustees, and you’ll understand why Dr. Michael Scales has been praised and was honored with an Educational Leadership Project award from the National Puerto Rican Day Parade, Inc. (NPRDP).
At a banquet last month, coordinated by Dr. Aida Rosa, a New York City public school principal, the president and other administrators from Nyack celebrated with other educators and professionals who were identified as role models and educational advocates for young people.
On Sunday, June 14, Dr. Scales and his wife, Susan, proudly represented Nyack on the NPRDP Educational Leadership float. The parade traveled along Fifth Avenue from 44th Street to 86th Street and featured delegates from various towns of Puerto Rico and representatives of states nationwide.
“This honor is one that encourages me and affirms our core values, which includes embracing a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. I am pleased to celebrate the 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade and the significance of its rich history,” the president shared.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>