Nyack President in 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade
Take a look at the demographics of Nyack College students, faculty, staff, administrators, and trustees, and you’ll understand why Dr. Michael Scales has been praised and was honored with an Educational Leadership Project award from the National Puerto Rican Day Parade, Inc. (NPRDP).
At a banquet last month, coordinated by Dr. Aida Rosa, a New York City public school principal, the president and other administrators from Nyack celebrated with other educators and professionals who were identified as role models and educational advocates for young people.
On Sunday, June 14, Dr. Scales and his wife, Susan, proudly represented Nyack on the NPRDP Educational Leadership float. The parade traveled along Fifth Avenue from 44th Street to 86th Street and featured delegates from various towns of Puerto Rico and representatives of states nationwide.
“This honor is one that encourages me and affirms our core values, which includes embracing a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. I am pleased to celebrate the 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade and the significance of its rich history,” the president shared.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>