Nyack President in 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade
Take a look at the demographics of Nyack College students, faculty, staff, administrators, and trustees, and you’ll understand why Dr. Michael Scales has been praised and was honored with an Educational Leadership Project award from the National Puerto Rican Day Parade, Inc. (NPRDP).
At a banquet last month, coordinated by Dr. Aida Rosa, a New York City public school principal, the president and other administrators from Nyack celebrated with other educators and professionals who were identified as role models and educational advocates for young people.
On Sunday, June 14, Dr. Scales and his wife, Susan, proudly represented Nyack on the NPRDP Educational Leadership float. The parade traveled along Fifth Avenue from 44th Street to 86th Street and featured delegates from various towns of Puerto Rico and representatives of states nationwide.
“This honor is one that encourages me and affirms our core values, which includes embracing a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. I am pleased to celebrate the 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade and the significance of its rich history,” the president shared.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>