TONIGHT: The Seven Last Words of Christ
The Seven Last Words of Christ, by Haydn, will be performed this evening, March 16 at 8:00 p.m. in Pardington Hall by the Nyack College String Orchestra under the direction of Prof. Sungrai Sohn. This rarely performed work is comprised of seven short movements, one for each of Christ's seven last words on the cross. Scripture readings will be offered between the movements.
The concert is free of charge and the Nyack community is cordially invited to attend.
Dr. Glenn Koponen, Dean
School of Music
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>