Nyack ATS Alumnus is Advocate of the Year
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday June 9, 2009
Rev. Bryan Burrell, an alumnus of Nyack College (1982) and of Alliance Theological Seminary (1985) was named the New York State School Boards Association's (NYSSBA) "Advocate of the Year." The award was presented at the organization's 2009 Issues Conference held in Albany, NY earlier this year.
Rev. Burrell, (pictured at right) who pastors Community Bible Church in Valley Cottage, NY, is also in his fifth three-year term on Rockland County's Nyack school board. He is also a past winner of the NYSSBA's Leadership of Governance award for its training recognition program.
The New York State School Boards Assocation represents more than 700 New York boards of education with some 5,000 school board members. Advocacy for excellence in education is the mission of the organization, which provides information, leadership development and advice on issues that affect school boards.
The campus community congratulates Rev. Burrell for this latest achievement.
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- TOMORROW: Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- APRIL 10: Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Rockland Campus
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Browse Blog Archive>>