Nyack ATS Alumnus is Advocate of the Year
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday June 9, 2009
Rev. Bryan Burrell, an alumnus of Nyack College (1982) and of Alliance Theological Seminary (1985) was named the New York State School Boards Association's (NYSSBA) "Advocate of the Year." The award was presented at the organization's 2009 Issues Conference held in Albany, NY earlier this year.
Rev. Burrell, (pictured at right) who pastors Community Bible Church in Valley Cottage, NY, is also in his fifth three-year term on Rockland County's Nyack school board. He is also a past winner of the NYSSBA's Leadership of Governance award for its training recognition program.
The New York State School Boards Assocation represents more than 700 New York boards of education with some 5,000 school board members. Advocacy for excellence in education is the mission of the organization, which provides information, leadership development and advice on issues that affect school boards.
The campus community congratulates Rev. Burrell for this latest achievement.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>