Nyack's Hudson River Pianofest 2009: A New York Quadricentennial Event
Nyack College Rockland School of Music is proud to announce its first Hudson River Pianofest May 29-30, 2009 on the beautiful Nyack, NY campus, located on 87 acres overlooking the historic Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge. Events will be held in Pardington Hall, the Music Education Building and President’s Hall in Shuman Hall.
This outstanding two-day program of piano master classes, lectures, workshops, and concerts is open to all music lovers: students, educators, adult amateurs, and observers. Participants may choose a one or two-day attendance or select a single event. Pianists from intermediate to advanced piano level are welcome to participate.
For a schedule of exciting events, modest fees and an application, click here.
The Hudson River Pianofest will feature renowned concert pianist, Frederic Chiu. Other performers include, Nyack’s own School of Music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum (pictured at left), as well as Dr. John McArthur, Rogerio Boccato, Hyunmee Lee, and Kimball Gallagher.
Lodging is available on the Nyack College campus from Thursday, May 28 through the evening of Saturday, May 30. For information on accommodations, contact Michele Blanck, Nyack’s Director of Auxiliary Services at Michele.Blanck@nyack.edu.
While staying in the area, visit downtown Nyack to enjoy an abundance of antique and specialty shops, restaurants or a view of the Hudson and Tappan Zee Bridge from the waterfront of Memorial Park. In addition, New York City is just 16 miles south of the Rockland campus, where a vast array of entertainment awaits you.
For more information, please contact Dr. Tammy Lum, Program director at email@example.com or phone 845.675.4687.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>